Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

This is my srad, there are many like it but this one is mine...

22K views 216 replies 46 participants last post by  Armi 
#1 ·
This is the story of my 97 gsxr 750. Its came home a mess as in the first link, i got it respectable enough to ride a few months later.

second clip

Finally this is where I was mid winter, with a lot of work planned. The k4 swinger just sitting there for comparison, decided not to use it.

Attachments

See less See more
2 1
#80 ·
I jb welded the the two rods together and wrapped them, I used a rubber gromet with metal bushings I wrapped the ends of the rods around and capped them off with rubber ends.

Attachments

#82 ·
I have done the brace the same way but with removable ears in front of the speedo (welded on a tube to bracket then used solid aluminum bar bent to shape as the ears with stock mount tabs delded on the other end.)
I did not end up using it, if you mount the mirrors they will shake terribly will work ok for race app.

#83 ·
^Im using bar end mirrors so the extra weight wasn't a factor. Pretty happy with it considering the other options were expensive and would still need modification.

#84 ·
Im going to get this thread going again and hopefully finish the bike over the winter. Starting it off with some Marvic wheels and brembo rotors. I have to get a sprocket carrier and spacers. I got all three for a steal, just lifting them out of the box the weight difference felt huge. I'm getting them re powder coated,not sure black or white.

Attachments

#86 ·
Those wheels are the icing on the cake OP......your bike has turned out tremendously well and I for one, really like it!!!
White wheels :lol

#90 ·
Thx for the compliments guys! I'm starting to lean towards white. The contrast would be cool and it ties the body to the wheels.

#93 ·
I have black wheels now. Was thinking white but not sure now, when I picture white wheels here it seems a bit much. We'll see.

Attachments

#97 ·
Shit....why didn't I think of that :lol :banghead

#99 ·
Fell like I just got punched in the gut. Got those wheels from the fedex guy, snapped those pics and left town for a few days. Turns out on closer inspection today that they are 16.5"s. I was told by the seller they were 17" wheels. "I measured them myself" are you fuking kidding me? Not what i wanted to deal with. I waiting to hear back now. Anyone want a cheap set of 16.5s? I'm heartbroken, those things are as light as air.

#102 ·
He's got a ton of parts in a small warehouse. He's not a rider so I don't know if he knows how to measure a rim. Lip to lip its 17 and 5/8. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Maybe I should run slicks:burnout

#105 ·
No dot tires for a 16.5

#107 ·
You want these wheels ccm? Sorry didn't see that post. The rear wheels need a sprocket carrier and whatever spacers needed. Pm me.

#109 ·
If i had a good option I would keep them. Im sure I could get away with an intermediate wet. I don't know if i feel like cutting groves in tires. On the other hand you can find these tires pretty cheap on eBay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.