Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Ignitor box 32900-33EMO?

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  speedy sie 
#1 ·
Anything special, or just a standard box?

JR

#2 ·
stock 97 750 is 33e01

#5 ·
I suspect that the ignitor box came from Yoshimura Japan, although I have no idea specifically what it might be. It's probably a kit box of some sort but it would be nice to know more about it.

Chris,

You missed the RC30 by a few weeks. It lives in Idaho now...

JR

#6 ·
#9 ·
Are you sure it's not -33LMFAO?
Yo, that ain't it.

Warning...warning...Danger...danger...that box will convert you srad to EMO status
Hey, not that into EMO chicks, but I'll gladly look at them for a while if they're naked. (And good looking...., of course)

Yeah, I have seen the EMO designation on something before and can't remember where.
Yeah, it's part of that E*0 alphabet soup that Suzuki used for all their non-standard parts. I just don't know where all of that started for the ignitor boxes. I was hoping somebody might know the characteristics of this one. Sprint? Endurance? Higher rev limit?, etc... One thing I've never seen is an advance curve for a Suzuki ignitor box. Somebody ought to test some of these things...

JR

#11 ·
I'll be happy to test it on my bike if it was off an injection!

#14 ·
So far, what I've come up with is that 32900-33ER0 is a sprint box, 32900-33ES0 and 32900-33EU0 are endurance boxes. The earliest factory part numbers I have are from the 1997-1 catalog, so I don't know what came before these parts, if anything. I would expect a 33EM0 box to be earlier than those listed above.

Nobody has any info?

JR

#20 ·
I did a little more digging through my old Yosh catalogs and found one year, 1998, where the US catalog listed Suzuki part numbers for the ignitor boxes. Wonder of wonders... Not much detail was given except that it was a kit box made for use with the stock wiring harness. The 32900-33ER0 box reuired the use of the kit harness. SO, I might assume that it's simlar to the ERO box internally but that's just a guess.

Now I need to visit the other forums and answer some of my other questions there...

JR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.