Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

ama xro copey srad the build!

52K views 245 replies 42 participants last post by  ccmhunt 
#1 ·
well chaps the shakey bike is now dead!!...all striped down!!!.....using the parts that are xro to build another more full on xro bike,to the spec of the daytona yoshey ama srad,running the ohlins,as i have these forks,so chaps....

need some picks of this bike,as i need to have them to COPEY the bike.

the bike will be xro7 frame.with the last generation xro9 engine,running xrc throttle bodies,a full spectrum of the srad race bike parts to build this monster..

ill post some pics as i build the bike.any help on this bike would be greatly revised.

speedy sie,of the uk, building an ama bike.....

#126 ·
I thought the grooves removed glazing from the pads. Drilled discs cool quicker and are prone to cracking around the holes at the constant high temps track bikes are inflicting on the brakes. This is just my thoughts based on car brakes

#128 · (Edited)
Love this thread, quite the attention to detail...by any chance would you happen to know the black finish used on the XRF swing arms? I've seen some I swear were anodized, and others that I thought were painted, possibly with some type of thermo bonded polymer? I have a K7 works arm that had to be stripped to clean up a bit of "abuse" and am now in a quandary as to replicating the finish..perhaps I could give you some work if you have some answers. Cheers. Mike

#131 ·
front wheel here, fitted a dream mag unit..

also coming soon..

works xr clip ons very trick all titanium bits and billet ali hinged to allow q/c change
work xr bettie gusrd and titanium bolts
tokico works vented rear disk all titanium bits and carrier,so will have full tokico works set up,may have a lead on a tokico m/c
xro tubes hopfully

the works tokico callipers fitted on ,but need new carriers to get them on right,as i have brembo carriers at the moment.

so the bike will be one more step to compleation

#132 ·
Simon

What are those 2 tubes coming out of the valve cover?

Extra crankcase breathers?

Isnt the crankcase ventilation located here?

Why is it located there?

On my gsx-r 1100 engine it is located here?

Would it be better to have an extra crankcase breather closer to the crankshaft like on a srad and newer gen engine?

#134 ·
Ah those engines were not srad engines?

Would it be better to have an extra breather in a simmelar place like the srad?

Or why did the srad and newer gen engine have their breathers in that place and not ontop of the valve cover like the 1100 engine.

Doenst that remove the gasses more easily?

#136 ·
a lot goes in to crank case presume..but just lately iv been jumped on on every forum when i post any info,so ill keep it to my self...sorry..
yep the two engines are zx7r engines, that have crank case breather on top of rear casings and 2 top "par" air set up, which is a Chris pointed is there for countries with tight emission laws

#140 ·
But would my engine benefit if i made another crankcase breather in a similar position like the srad engine?

Can the breather be a simmple hole with a hose coupling attached to it or do you need something with a labyrint in order to allow the oil not comming out of the coupling?

I would like the blueprint my engine so is it worth the look into the crankcase breathing aswell?

#141 · (Edited)
pull out the old breather pipe,they are just pushed in once out find the point that the iner beveled edge it set at,then spin some aluminum up that is a tight fit,and then cut this to to the measurement that you have found from the bevel radius i thinks its 10mm if i remember right ,then punch these down with some lock seal to make sure of a seal,then just punch the edges over on the top raised bit.
this is covered in the kit manual but i was doing it before i got the kit manual,just seem to be a logical mod?
you can also weld up the exhaust port hole that fed these top out lets.
then blank the top plates off on the cam cover,hope this helps Chris

im using the two if you can call them read valve set ups of the cam cover for my crank case breather set up...to use the low end negative pulse of the exhaust gass to scavenge the crank case via the read set up

the race bike have a oil scavenge tank that comes off the crank case then in to the tank then ion to the air box,this cools the crank case gass,and is also there as in the uk you need to have the crank case breather in to the air box as parts of the regs.

the zx7rr race kit spec engine runs one compression ring so piston blow past is quit large,and hence the engines need a lot more crank case vent off.

#143 ·
yep i thnink its in there,sure in read it on the 77 kit spec...

the bottom end is all most done now,have the crank done just balanced not lightened.
just doing all the spacers and throttle rod for the fcr to take them to zx7r as they were of a 750r..
engine is all repainted and looking nice,set the clutch up to kit spec done the clutch cover to my copy works spec and the cam cover(welded up the plates to make it look as if never had any),just waiting to find a set of kit valves and springes... which im sure will pp up some time...and the offer is still there Chris,you can use it on a track day if its ready.

#145 · (Edited)
to be honest i do love the old zx7r's a tad more than the old srad....i think wot the srad has in performance the zx7r makes up in handling.. and love the old zx7r seat Poisson feels right for a 6 ft pluss chap,the old srad is a more of a smaller persons bike.
and i had a new one when the 97 modle come out loved it...but when the old inj srad came out it was wiped out...so to speek..but in the wet the old zx7r comes on just righ

#146 ·
I like the 93 zx7. First real ram air, best snarl intake, best performance. Always loved the zx7 position as I am almost 6'3,and the front end was way more planted But the development stopped and the srad took over. Srad won in mildly tuned Supersport but zx7 handed the srad its ass in factory kit form.

#147 ·
yep the good old zxr's....the 'm' ama muzzy bike im building for some over the next few month has become a bit of a hot spot to me,the last one we did some work to when it was back for some rad work,it was in it's full spec,ans was a lovely looking bike next timw its back with me ill get some pics ,and ill post some pics on here when i get all the muzzy parts back to build the bike,will try to get it back to muzzy ama spec chap has just got an ohlins sbk front end,so will be all correct and he is having an 840cc kit spec engije built for the bike so will have the right spec engine in,will be a nice bike and a pleasure to build,ill do a full build thread on here,i know it not a suzuki but i think the srad section will like it in here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.