Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

post up pics of ur 04-05 gsx-r600/750s!!!

899K views 5K replies 1K participants last post by  Widowmaker04 
#1 ·
ill start...

05' suzuki gsx-r600

See less See more
#3,921 ·
^ great looking bike. how much was it for just the front fender, front & side plastics? (i assume you only got that as opposed to a full kit from auctmarts or something)

#3,927 · (Edited)
I actually got the whole kit. I had originally intended painting the tail white and throwing it on as well, but got lazy. The top part of the cage (the pieces shown in the pic) actually tuck in close enough that the case and peg hits the ground well before anything else. Sliders are next on the list though... And i like the 12 bar, it was nice piece of mind when I was messing around with learning wheelies.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3,930 ·
Hope you didn't mean me concerning the sig line. :shifty

My earlier remark about the last pic was referring to toojr33's comp about your 'good form'. :burnout

This would be an example of constructive criticism: "While not terrible, your body postion could use some improvement".

:cheers

#3,937 ·
I only commented because that one fellow said you had good form. I was correcting him because he was wrong...except for in the last picture.

You do seem to realize what you need to do on the bike and I am sure others have probably told you before.

It is hard to know how far you are really off the bike when you are learning.. You could also open up a bit more to the turn as you are riding twisted. This was common with old school riders because the bikes weren't nearly as good as they are now because they needed to be more "connected" for feel... When you look where you want to go and get off the side of the bike you can rotate your body more toward the turn as well so you won't be twisted..

What I think is causing this is probably sitting too close to the tank.. Although many ride that way and can make it work.. It is easier to move around (side to side) on the seat and you can slide further over and not get twisted by simply backing off the tank a bit when setting up for a turn.. It gives you more space to move to the side when you hook in your leg and slide over instead of your crotch simply rotating around the tank... When accelerating out you can go ahead and slide back forward on the seat to keep the front end down if you are about to come out onto a straight or sweeper.

I can't really tell..but it looks light you might be too tight on the handlebars too.. Loosen up on the grip..

Video would help a lot.. Get someone to follow you around the track with a camera. It is hard to remember everything you need to remember.. Try to work on 1 or 2 things at a time while maintaining everything you already know.. There is a vast range of information on this forum.

#3,946 ·
Fair play but it doesn't always work out like that. A close friend of mine died on the 21/5/88 and the next was the 21/5/89 a year to the day. First guy had a katana and the second 350 lc. There's plenty who have paid the ultamet price due to in experience. I wouldn't encourage non experienced riders to go big first time out as it sucks when you have to bury them. Just my 2p worth.

#3,945 ·
Can it be pulled off? Certainly, but it is dangerous to do so. Nobody wants to talk about how they bought a bike too big for them and wrecked the shit out of it, yet it happens all the time and several of my friends have done it.. People jump at the chance to tell people how they haven't wrecked. Fact of the matter is, had either of you started on a 250 or v-twin you would likely currently be much better riders than you are presently because you learned how to ride a slow bike quickly instead of riding a fast bike slow trying to learn on it and not wreck it. After learning to ride a slow bike fast, you can ride a fast bike even faster than the guy who started on the fast bike. When riding a slow bike fast, one doesn't become reliant on the motor to go fast, and those skills easily translate to a faster bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.