Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Suspension upgrade advice

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ANDRASTA 
#1 ·
Upgrading the front forks on my 95 1100, any advice? I am looking to to go with Racetech springs and emulators. Anyone done this? results? feedback?

Thanks

#2 ·
i just bought race tech springs for my weight on my 96 1100, ofcourse thats going to be a huge difference in feel and comfort, i opted out of the emulators because i dont plan on any crazy track days with my bike just the occasional twistys on the roads in town,

i got a 07 gsxr 750 rear shock as well, without even adjusting it yet it felt much better than the old stocker and it was only $25 on ebay ha

#6 ·
Yes , I have.

I had the front end completely rebuilt with their gold valves, springs, you name it and everything set up to my weight. My bike was a 1996 GSXR 1100.

Let me tell you the bike was better than new and felt out of this world . It took a bit getting used to because it was so firm but was very responsive and almost made the bike feel 100lbs lighter.

My buddy took it out for a ride afterwards. He rides a drz400 converted to supermoto and said the handling was amazing.

Overall , best money I have ever spent on any bike.

Almost forgot, I also put in a 2008 gsxr 1000 shock in the rear. The transformation is here:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283738&highlight=

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks for the kind words.

I actually had Mission Cycle in Angus, Ontario do it. I'm in Toronto,Ont. so it was about an hour away. They are the only authorized dealer as per the Racetech website.

The guys did great work, turn around was about 2 weeks but I told them I was in no rush to get the bike back.

I dealt with Craig and Todd who were both amazing and kept me informed at all times. If anything needs attention they are very proactive and will call you.

Would definitely do it again. Plan on taking my Oiler there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.