Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

K8 184hp

5K views 47 replies 15 participants last post by  oldgixxer 
#1 ·
Just wanted to check with the rest of you. I've bought a K8 1000.
Pc5 + yoshi pipe + dyno = 184 at the wheel.
The engine feels strong.
Anyone else get results like these?

#2 ·
No,you went to a very very happy dyno thats all.

#3 ·
I didn't have the bike set up.
The guy I bought it off did. The bike was meant to be raced in super stock series. The joint is reputable, but that is still a lot of power.

Can't break 200kms without reserve light on... So it drinks it's share too

Last week did a riding school, and drive out of corner onto straight... One instructor commented it's a very fast bike, where his 999s could not keep pace on the power... I know not a fair comparison... But still.

And an s1000rr rider on the day was not getting away... So I'm not sure what is what. I wasn't in the right gear.. Being third when could had been in second and was slightly gaining on the BMW.

Will find out better at the track in 2 weeks I guess....

#4 ·
Regardless,if the bike just has a PC5&a pipe its not making 20-25rwhp more than stock.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Even if I post up my dyno print on here, i'll be hearing about how they dyno is wrong ;)

I called the mob that performed the tuning/installation of the comander etc...

They utilise a cold air intake (variable speed fan) to simulate real life conditions.
Something most "larger" tuning garages should.

Will find out in 2 weeks, when I get to open it up on the track straights, and see for myself, if it is quicker than other machinery.

Irrespective, nice motor on this thing. Bought it because of the engine and trick suspension/add ons... whilst being a good low km bike... The numbers dont really matter, but i'd be nice to know for sure.

#19 ·
Sorry GOD!

I asked opinions, and I dont have to agree with people's opinion. What I wanted to hear was to see what others were getting, and when I read through this forum, the range for a 1000 GSXR appears to be between 160-180HP....

So who is right and who is wrong.

All I CAN say is when I swapped with a mate, S1000RR for a short ride.. engine alone, my bike had a far stronger bottom end. BUt then its not apples for apples, as my gearing has been modified..

Just a discussion. No need to get upset that your word isnt gospel bud ;)

#23 ·
All I CAN say is when I swapped with a mate, S1000RR for a short ride.. engine alone, my bike had a far stronger bottom end. BUt then its not apples for apples, as my gearing has been modified..
Ive ridden a friends S1k,they have NO low end or midrange power&dont start to make steam until 10k rpm. The 05-08 GSXR's have a huge advantage in those rpms ranges but once the S1k hits 11k its a monster. Add to that your gearing change and it would "feel" significantly faster then your friends BMW.

To achieve a legit 184rwhp on your bike you would need cams,headwork and some compression as a pipe&tune simply will not do it.

We dont delete accounts here so you are stuck with us:biggrin

#13 ·
Oh and unless you were at a school that had mostly pretty well advanced racers as students, judging yourself to another rider on a BMW is honestly pointless.

I can eat up BWM S1000s on my 06 600 all day in most any trackday group.

Racing? Different story. Gets a lot more difficult :lmao.

Most trackday riders, and even many racers fail to get to WOT... I know YOU do... they all think they do, but they dont. It is really common for a 600 who gets on the gas earlier, and harder and stays WOT to pass 1000s with ease. So comparing yours to another based on closing speeds doesnt prove anything. Sorry.

You want to know for sure? Take it to another Dyno. Independently. Get it ran. I BET it is far lower than you think it is.

Not to say the bike is weak. Just normal.

#14 ·
Yea noticed last track day I was passing a lot of liter bikes out of corners, into corners, and through corners. i need to go get this 600 of mine dynoed to see how much horsepower I am putting out. Has to be a ton if I am passing these 1000s hell I lapped one :shifty

#15 ·
.......it's when I tuck in behind an S1000 (on the 600 mind you) on the front straight at a track day and notice they're not pulling away when I'm "C'mon dude, you're only at 1/2 throttle"

#21 ·
Anyways,

Back on track. I'm not a racer, and not the best rider out there. Doing the rider schools to get better feedback, and training to be a better rider. Not comparing myself to anyone else. But it always prompts the thought. And thats what forums are for.

Lots of variables, and lots of opinions. I have never raced, and I have only ever ridden at a pace that is "fast" for me, slow for others, and insane to some others again... on the road.

Apologies if discussion offends people here... appears to ;)

I'll see if there is a point to post my results from my virgin track day... they might not be worthy :) But if people drop the BS attitude, and some seem interested, I might bother.

Moderators, delete the post and my account if I'm to abrupt for the likes of this place :)

#26 ·
Moderators, delete the post and my account if I'm to abrupt for the likes of this place :)
:lmao

I'm thinking it was the other way around.

#24 ·
How much extra hp you get when ram air to it's max? He said they used cold air intake system, but does that compare to ram air at close to 300km/h? :dunno

Kawasaki used to tell ram air power, but I can't remember the difference. Anyway, even with ram air effect that sounds a bit optimistic.

#27 ·
Guys he forgot to mention he added a ton of stickers on his bike to get the 184rhp. We all know each one is good for a few extra hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#32 ·
I now see the reason that gsxr riders are so commonly thrown into a bucket...

Pity that my purchase puts me into the same garbage heap.

Yes.. just like all of you I put on stickers... impress my bfs with wheelies... wear singlet and shorts... and talk shit on the public forum.

Thanks for the one or two genuine and what could be deemed intelligent responses:)

Unfortunate for the rest. Dickheads

#38 ·
I just re read the thread. It was not until you got butthurrt that the thread went downhill.;)

Simply put you refuse to accept the answer to the question you asked and keep defending it.

Your bike is not making 184rwhp.
It might be making 184 projected crank HP :dunno. But unless this shop went into the motor and did some major mods either you, your buddy, or the shop, or all three are delusional

#39 ·
Butthurt?? Didn't realize I was dealing with ******* to have to watch my arse?

See... that's the type of dumb fck shit I'm talking about.

I don't accept the manner in which replies were posted.

As I said. I did not buy it new... so do not know what has been done apart from the visually obvious.

It's been prepped for racing. But prev owner claimed no internal work had been done.
Workshop claims it's at the wheel.

Anyways. Thanks for the info. Atleast I know that most of you expect about 20 hp less.
So if dyno right then internal work potentially done.

I'll leave you all to looking for someone who enjoys being "butt raped".. good luck with that

#44 ·
Also, I love the head movement he makes in that gif above, it's the icing to the cake. :rofl

#48 ·
Piss off wanker,hows that sound limey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.