Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

K6 with m4 exhaust

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MotoMummy 
#1 ·
Hi guys!
I tried to post this on an m4 exhaust tread with no luck, so I hope i get lucky with this thread :)

I have a k6 600 with the m4 gp slip-on like the one on the picture. The "cat/midpipe" has been pressed in a bit, like half off an inch on the bottom. Do I have to replace that or is that just some shallow damage? Whats inside that thing actually? The original cat has been removed.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's another muffler to help quiet it or else it would be stupid loud. It's just a straight pipe in there with packing around it. A dent won't affect it one bit. I doubt the core tube in it was even touched. You wouldh ave to end it and go half way through it to hit the core tube. If it's even an inch deep you should be fine. Look down it with a flashlight and see if the core tube is still round inside it. You would have to take it off of course to do that.

#4 ·
The original model was titanium and did not have the underbelly muffler. Yes, it and the EKG were stupid loud. I remember hearing them at Daytona 2006 on the AMA bikes before they were available. You could hear them outside the speedway over all the rest. I ordered one immediately lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.