Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

TOTALLED 07' Gixxer 1000

42K views 194 replies 74 participants last post by  nismos14 
#1 ·
Sup guys. I haven't been active lately, well at all. On November 24, 2012 I was in an accident that should have killed me. Some of you may have already seen my video on YouTube (looks like an easy turn on YouTube but not in real life) . I was riding like a fool, a nut but hey we've all been there. This was my first accident AND my last.

I have plans to rebuild her and be back up by summer of 2013. I have never done a rebuild so this will for sure be my first. I will document my rebuild and post videos to YouTube. My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/RiceRocketKev Please subscribe and follow my progress. Here are some pics.

I know some people will give me shit. But hey, I broke it and I'll fix it. :punk

See less See more
1 2
#135 ·
I didn't come here to get insulted by everyone. I get that enough. I came here to get support from others like, "yea brotha, put that bike together and start riding!" Everyone fucks up. What makes me so much more special. I thought the motorcycle community was tight like a brother hood, like all the people I've met. Gixxer.com is where you go to get nothing of what you want. If any one of you were to get into a severe crash, I'd be giving you 110% of my support to get back out there riding. But I guess not. To the people who gave me some helpful tips, thank you. To those who won't take the dick out of their ass, here's one more for your mouth, fuck the haters.

#138 ·
there is 2 sides of the motorcycle community...there are true motorcyclest like most of us here and then there are the squids that we at gixxer.com try to keep out...i dont want to call you a squid becouse it does seem like your being honest and owning up to your some of the mistakes you have made....after seeing that video you really should feel lucky that your ok but think about the other people you put in danger through out that ride...im sure those people have familys that care for them and how do you think they would feel when they get a phone call from the police saying that so and so is dead or hurt bad?? you could have messed up a few lifes on that ride including your own..as for fixing your bike? you have got the best advice that we cold give you..the only thing you should do is part out what is good on it((if anything)) and learn from this..your right about we all make mistakes but in my book that all could have been avoided.. i hope you learn from this and the best of luck to you..

#136 · (Edited)
...Well, thanks for proving me wrong.

You won't get any "yea brotha" here. You wanted advice, and many experienced people offered very good, sound advice. You've become emotionally involved with an inanimate object- not that I blame you, these bikes are masterpieces. End of the day though, it's just a machine. Machines can be broken so badly they shouldn't be fixed, for safety, cost, and performance reasons. That is where your bike is now.

This place is tighter than you think. People who care what happens to you aren't going to encourage you to do something that is likely to lead to heartache and injury, no matter if it's going to hurt a feeling or two to break it to you. This truly is a brotherhood; brothers tease, joke, and can be pretty harsh, but in the end we will always be straight with you. THAT is what brotherhood is about, and THAT is how you have been treated.

If you aren't willing to listen to the truth, ask someplace else. We're not going to hold your hand and help you waste your time and money. These guys are experts on motorcycles, not a chorus of yes men.

On the other hand, if you want access to some of the most GSX-R savvy people you're ever likely to meet, stick around, listen to those who know, learn to let the crap flow off of you, and to throw your own back. Expect to catch some flak- Hell, look at my forum rank. You think I labeled myself an ass packer? No. Am I bent out of shape about it? No. Even if I was, it'd be a small price to pay for what I've learned from these people.

Nobody told you you shouldn't get back on a motorcycle. If you think riding a smaller bike is the same as not riding at all, then you are both wrong and probably not grown up enough to be riding in the first place. Good grief, some of the most fun I've had with clothes on happened on top of an XR-80! Learning to ride right is vital. An R bike is terrible for learning; so many "basic" motions on it are fairly advanced level motions on a bike not built to race. Jockeys don't learn how to ride on thoroghbreds, they learn how to ride horses and THEN learn how to ride racers.

#137 ·
There was a rider who use to go with a group that are friends of mine. He was always trying to keep the pace with those who where a little more skilled, etc. A few of them had talked with him more than once about riding his own ride because of getting in over his head. While on the way home from a Sunday ride this rider crossed over the double yellow straight into an on coming car, passing away on impact. One of the other riders in this group witnessed this crash happen right in front of her, has not gotten back on her bike since. Op, let go of the 1000 because it is just dead now and move onto something with a little less power and more forgiving. Riding fast just might not be your thing so be real with yourself because you might not make it home the next time.

#143 ·
bravo OG

there is no way you can completely piecemeal this bike back together for $3500. you are completely ignoring a slew of miscellaneous costs that will come up. have you ever done any mechanical project of even close to this caliber?

#149 ·
BUDDY... That turn was a freaking Joke. You were in the wrong lane and crossed back over and didn't even attempt to lean the bike over. Seems like you gazed away, drifted into the other lane and then realized WTF.
I bet all your fellow rides thought it was pretty cool how you were passing them and then topped it off with the crash.
Sorry to see you crash and wreck your bike, but your riding skills limited your ability to come out of that mishap.
Oh and the sound affects were awesome!

#157 ·
Hey Chris Collings of Hillsboro, Oregon, don't you have a bike to go and vandalize? :lol

#159 ·
Ok...
I think that we're looking at this thread the wrong way.

First off, has RiceRocketKev learned his lesson? Yes. He's said so himself. With a lot of the mean spirited comments here along with the lashing he's receiving on his youtube video I think we can cool it. It's redundant, pointless and gets nowhere.

Second, we are confusing his request for help. The question he is asking is not: Should I ride again? Should I get a 600? A cruiser? Is it worth it to rebuild my bike? He has already made up his mind about rebuilding and that's his choice. He is asking for anybody with knowledge of bikes to help him out. If nobody on this site is capable of rebuilding a GSX-R or if nobody in this community is gracious enough to help a fellow rider out with 1 or 2 emails a month then i'm sure this site isn't what he thought it was. If you can't answer that call then move on to another thread.

Third, there could be a lot of potential to helping him out. Think about it. His video is getting tons of hits everyday on youtube. People, naturally, would be curious to see if he goes through with the rebuild. If you are a moto vlogger you can get more traffic to your page by him mentioning you were gracious enough to help him out. Or, if you or somebody you know owns or works at a motorcycle shop he could order parts exclusively from you (5% discount?) and mention your site in the vid.

It's not our bike and it definitely isn't our money so if he wants to rebuild then let him. If interested in helping him out just PM him and exchange emails or something. I've already subscribed because im curious to see if he actually does it. No hate here.

#161 ·
Ok...
I think that we're looking at this thread the wrong way.

First off, has RiceRocketKev learned his lesson? Yes. He's said so himself. With a lot of the mean spirited comments here along with the lashing he's receiving on his youtube video I think we can cool it. It's redundant, pointless and gets nowhere.

Second, we are confusing his request for help. The question he is asking is not: Should I ride again? Should I get a 600? A cruiser? Is it worth it to rebuild my bike? He has already made up his mind about rebuilding and that's his choice. He is asking for anybody with knowledge of bikes to help him out. If nobody on this site is capable of rebuilding a GSX-R or if nobody in this community is gracious enough to help a fellow rider out with 1 or 2 emails a month then i'm sure this site isn't what he thought it was. If you can't answer that call then move on to another thread.

Third, there could be a lot of potential to helping him out. Think about it. His video is getting tons of hits everyday on youtube. People, naturally, would be curious to see if he goes through with the rebuild. If you are a moto vlogger you can get more traffic to your page by him mentioning you were gracious enough to help him out. Or, if you or somebody you know owns or works at a motorcycle shop he could order parts exclusively from you (5% discount?) and mention your site in the vid.

It's not our bike and it definitely isn't our money so if he wants to rebuild then let him. If interested in helping him out just PM him and exchange emails or something. I've already subscribed because im curious to see if he actually does it. No hate here.
Um,yeah OK:lol :lol

#164 ·
The lesson to learn here is that the internet is no place for a pat on the back. If you fuck up and do some retarded shit, you deserve what you get.

Kev, you could've made that corner. Thanks for the entertainment. As for the bike, have fun dumping money into a black hole that is much worse than you think. It's your money and your pile of bike. If you were smart you'd buy yourself a nice Toyota Corolla.

#169 ·
Lol sorry to disappoint. Don't know the guy. I'm just bringing an angle that wasn't previously mentioned. If it makes you feel better I could just regurgitate the same stuff everybody else has been saying. But I'm no sheep. This was my first post and I understand how it looked fishy. I have been on the site for a few weeks but never made an account until I saw this thread. If you don't want to help the kid then don't. Nobody's making you. I just hate seeing people get trashed.

#175 ·
There is a clear right and wrong here, and it has nothing to do with support or free will. His choice is his own, but we refuse to condone an unsafe decision- a wreck on a motorcycle doesn't always involve just one person.

Until he stops making bad choices, he will continue to receive bad treatment no matter where he goes, unless he surrounds himself with ignorant, dumb, and/or irresponsible people.

#179 ·
Sorry for the thread revival but DAMN. I just ran into this today. Wowzers is all I can say.

I wonder if he ever tried to fix it. Any update OP? I see your last post was about 9 months ago.

I think he definitely learned his lesson with the crash. It’s hard not to when you almost lose your life.

The funniest part was him saying he was looking for advice. The best advice given was to leave that turd at the dump and start with a new bike. But if he’s really intent on fixing it, I’m sure ShervinRR could help him out. :phhht

#181 ·
Ah, this is the video voodoo pitbulled earlier today. :lol

#182 ·
The moans at the end are just tooo funny. Especially when he says he hopped right up & went back up the cliff like GI Joe. GI Joe must have gone gay & takes it up the ass for a living if that's how he acts now! What a giant pussy. :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.