Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Your favorite inexpensive mod for your bike?

7K views 83 replies 41 participants last post by  Lawstcaws 
#1 ·
Whats your favorite inexpensive mod for your bike? whether its cosmetics, performance, safety, ect

Im just trying to get some ideas what to buy next for my bike.

#43 ·
Lowering it so your stubby legs can touch dosnt count as "adjusting for weight" :wacko

And how do you bring the bars closer so you can reach with the T-rex arms?

#44 ·
:lmao You're a dick:lmao:lol

#47 ·
R1 throttle mod with my bikes current setup :) cheap, cost was $14 or so to my door and the throttle is so sensitive now. No need to grap a handful of throttle.

And that valve stem mod is awesome groundhogday.

J

#68 ·
#76 ·
Yeah, once a year is sensible. On a race bike, changing the valve every tire is just ridiculous. I would be changing the rear valve stem every 3-5 track days. Not that its expensive or time consuming.

I have had the same valve stems on my truck for over 3 years, I check them regularly. I know that stems are prone to dry rotting. But I dont agree with changing them every tire change, not even on my truck.

My CBR has about 7000 miles on it, and have changed the rear tire 4 times due to flats, I doubt at 7000 miles my stem are rotted.

BTW, I do have angled stems on my track bike.

#78 ·
Hell if I changed them every tire change Id go through two rears and a front per weekend :lmao

#80 ·
In the back-to-back JDSA and GNF weekends (or i should say "events", since the GNF actually started Thursday), i went through 10 rear tires and 4 fronts. That is a lot of valve stems. :lmao

#82 ·
Another good mod I just thought about would be to velcro a cell phone cover and add velcro to the bike where the keyhole is, that way you could just remove the phone and keep the phone cover to the bike and you would be able to use navigation and to see your calls.

#83 ·
Not sure if it can be labelled inexpensive, but the Gilles shift arm support for the K5 is a great little part that really makes a difference. Recommended for those looking for a more 'positive' shift experience. Works especially well with a QS.

Note: Installed the same part on my current 08 Blade, but not so much difference there....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.