Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Horsepower rating for the 2005 GSXR 600?

51K views 44 replies 30 participants last post by  JixCer 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the horsepower rating is for the 05 600?? And will it beat an 05 R6?

#4 ·
The GSXR 600s just dont put out as much hp as the other 600s. Even with a full exhaust, v-stacks, BMC filter, and a custom map, my bike will not put out as much hp as the stock 600RR, R6, or ZX6RR. I have seen the others have 10hp more with the same mods. My best guess is that the other 600s have a better head design which allows better flow. I'll post my dyno runs for my GSXR600 later. The 04/05 GSXR600's don't put out much more than the 01-03.

#5 ·
My bike, dyno'd last Saturday, got 96.7 hp. However, the dyno was outside, and it was 97 degrees outside with 98% humidity.

I'll be getting a power commander and a custom map very soon, I'll post up some real scores.

#8 ·
Dude, you only think you're in front because we let you have a head start and then that yellow is so bright that you have to squint too see and that's when the blue/white streaks by and your left all alone thinking your winning.

Sorry for the post high-jack.

#10 ·
103 hp is the rating and a 750 will not eat a 600 for breakfast. Nor will a 1000 eat a 750 for breakfast.

You are talking tenths in the quarter mile and on the track it is all about the rider..............

#11 ·
My bike have one of the best fuel curves that Lee at Lee's Performance has ever seen, he didn't even due the tuning on it. I used a friend Teka Box on it and did it by feel. Even though I don't have the peak hp over R6's, ZX6RR's and 600RR's, I still preffer the handling of my bike over the others, not to mention I usually get to 100 before all of them do...my peak hp (104) stays up longer than any of the others (from 12,500rpms to 15000rpms)

#16 ·
At 70 degrees F and with about 90% humidity I dynoed 105 HP with only a bolt-on Yoshimura RS-3 Race Exhaust. I need to get a remap to get the most out of it but it still is strong for now. Another guy with a 2004 750 went right after me and he had an Akropovic bolt-on, a BMC race filter, and a PCIII USB Remap. He put down 120 HP. Later,

#18 ·
103 hp is the rating and a 750 will not eat a 600 for breakfast. Nor will a 1000 eat a 750 for breakfast.

You are talking tenths in the quarter mile and on the track it is all about the rider..............
Yes, a 750 will eat a 600's breakfast if that's how you want to put it. If a 600 outruns a 750, the 750 rider doesn't know WTF he's doing.

#19 ·
Eat for breakfast........ NO! If you look a HP numbers and all of that you would think so, but all of the bikes are FAST! Look at the track numbers.... both 1/4's and lap times!! EAT FOR BREAKFAST?????? Fuck no!!! Tenths or a second...... BREAKFAST????

What the fuck do you consider eat for breakfast facts dude???

#22 ·

#23 ·
Eat for breakfast........ NO! If you look a HP numbers and all of that you would think so, but all of the bikes are FAST! Look at the track numbers.... both 1/4's and lap times!! EAT FOR BREAKFAST?????? Fuck no!!! Tenths or a second...... BREAKFAST????

What the fuck do you consider eat for breakfast facts dude???
Go out and find a 750 to pick on if your 600 is so damn fast. The 750 will start to pull away at low speed and it will continue to pull away when your 600 cashes in at 150. More like a midnight snack.

#26 ·
fwiw I put my k5 750 w/ RS3 race bolt on up on the dyno two days ago. It was 3pm in the afternoon and temp was 92F with nice 80% humidity here in the Cincinnati valley. Pulled a 123hp to rear wheel. Hardly dynoed after me and said he had his done at 3 different places in the previous 6 weeks ranging from 108-117 for him. This particular dyno machine put him at 97.... He said it was off by at least 10hp but I don't really know nor am I that concerned. All I know is that its friggin strong and fast and has an absolutely BEAUTIFUL power band climb!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.