Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

I'm NOT wirthy of a new bike....I keep coming off LOL

4K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  mlongo99 
#1 ·
So.... on the way to work today, on my favorite bit of road, neasden roundabout for those that are local, there's a quick left, right turn that opens up.
I ride this bit of road EVERYDAY!
Not sure if it was the cold (probably) but the only thing I did differant was overtake a car on the inside, on the right hander....I knew I did wrong, so apologized to the car driver by gesturing with my left hand.
As I went into the left hander full of confidence :lol the back end rushed out on me NO warning.....remember the bike dragging me cos' I was holding onto it, so let go.....saw it slide down the road, almost hitting the car in front :twitch
Luckily it never hit any street furniture.
Got up straight away and ran to the bike....was astonished how far I had to run :lol
Apologized AGAIN to the same car driver, who had stopped the trafiic and picked up the bike and rolled it to the side.
At first glance a few scratches :dissapointed....started the bike up and noticed, it was leaking oil from somewhere :banghead
Wasn't far from work, so decieded to ride it to work, keeping an eye on any warning lights..that way I get a day off work, see!
Anyway am home now....caught the bus, had to leave the bike at work.
Cleaned up my knee, cos' I wasn't wearing any protective trousers :facepalm
I know.
Gonna hook the trailer onto the car and bring the bike back home, for further inspection.
Dis appointed, to say the least.
Ride safe Guys!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Damn, that's a shitty way to start off your day. Glad you're ok.

#8 ·
We have been texting all morning, so I knew about all this,, still, it sucks
Well THERE'S the problem, don't text and ride :thumbup

#10 ·
Hope your OK and nothing too serious with the bike

#12 ·
Count your chickens Armi! LOL Glad you OK, hey, I have a set of training wheels from my 5 year old daughters PW50 that she wont be needing anymore! If you want I can mail them to you!:lmao

#13 ·
holy shit mate , your having a bad run ATM ... just count yourself lucky you didnt get badly hurt , most my mates have been badly hurt from slower in town crashes not the faster out of town ones that you think would !!!!!

#14 ·
Armi, its a numbers game and living in London, its an even bigger numbers game.

I hadnt had a claim on a car in all my life until I started commuting to London!

Glad your OK to tell the tale anyway mate, hope the bike isnt too bad, i have a screen if needs be..

#15 ·
Glad to hear you were okay enough to be embarrassed, typically a good sign.

At least you didn't run over your own foot while riding a bicycle in traffic... I know this guy who did. Lives in reflective surfaces.

#16 ·
Thanks for all your concerns guys, Really!

....Osh was suggesting I've been SEXTING Chris :lmao made me chuckle.

Will inspect the bike in the daylight tomorrow.

Stupid thing that happened....when I got near work,to pick up the bike, I remembered I didn't have the bike keys :suicide

Picked up the keys from home and when I got to the bike, I noticed the bike wasn't even locked :facepalm :bitchslap

One thing made me laugh though....While I was waiting at the lights, road was 2 lanes, I was on the outside.
A scooter filters through and pulls up in front on the car on the nearside lane.....The plonker in the car, out of frustration(don't know why, he was awfully slow) shouts out...."oi..you've blocked my path!" :lmao

#18 ·
Wife was the last person to know.........I came indoors smiling, without my helmet, early!
She knew something was wrong....I told her i dropped the bike, as if nothing had happened and pretended I wasn't hurt.
Did the trick till I put surgical spirit on the wound....then I started yelling all kinds of amusing words :lol

After telling Chris and John.I then told my brother :lol

#20 ·
Were glad that you know who your real family is NOW!

#21 ·
Am very happy to be a part of it.

Came out this morning to find this;

Pics of the damage;

Really upset about this;

#22 ·
Not feeling Gilles anymore;

#23 ·
I noticed this a couple days ago;

Thought I had fixed it but obviously not.

Looking at my rear tyre though, i'm thinking the bike pissed oil onto the rear tyre;

Gonna have some lunch and take fairings off for a closer look.

Knee is stiff and swollen :crying

#25 ·
Ugh, I get sick to my stomach seeing scratched and dented bumblebee fairings and gas tank. Especially since I just sold mine, and a brand new gas tank. Let me know if you need pucks for the case covers, I think they re down to a handfull left and they are gone forever.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com App

#27 ·
Haven't taken the fairings off yet mate....was cold this morning, now gonna run some errands, then it will be too dark.
Might get a light out if I'm up to it :dunno

To tell the truth, I went down hard and fast, not speed wise....one second I was on the bike, the next I was on the tarmac :lol

#29 ·
+1 on the oil on the rear that would of easily taken you out without any symptoms and no chance of recovery. Too bad on those plastics, looks like it went down real hard, was it on cobble stone, Armi?

#32 ·
Just a normal road George.....yea didn't want this to happen, especially in road trim....I expect it, in track plastics :lol

#31 ·
:lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.