Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

new project launch!! AHRMA Gen 2 superbike

7K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  4153stavros 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals,
I have made the decision to put my long term 86 gsxr 7/11 ultimate project aside and dive into full ahrma superbike that will push the limits of there rule book.
attached are pictures of my parts stash that will make my 1989 gsxr 750rr superbike replica .

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Those yosh yokes u mentioned are trail/ offset adjustable .
The AHRMA rule book says 2mm overbore is alloyed so the engine is going to be near 800cc with 14.5.1 compression .
I have run 41fcr carbs on 825cc 76mm bore engines in the past with great results.. my old 825 put down 136hp with only 12.5.1 compression so this engine will be a screamer for sure.

#18 ·
sweet!! are u gonna race that thing with ahrma ? it would be awesome to have more gixxer oilcooled guys on the grid at corsa moto classica .. this way we can help them understand that in 88 Doug Polen raced the ex Schwntz 87 bike.
Anders Anderson had ohlins inverted forks in 1988.

My rods and crank just arrived today:punk.. I will be sending them to Carrillo to be refurbished .

Attachments

#29 ·
sweet!! are u gonna race that thing with ahrma ? it would be awesome to have more gixxer oilcooled guys on the grid at corsa moto classica .. this way we can help them understand that in 88 Doug Polen raced the ex Schwantz 87 bike.

My plan is to get the bike finished and then ride it at track days first so the coming race at Corsa Moto Classica is not in the cards. Maybe next time.

Attachments

#21 ·
Have you started assembling the chassis or are you going to wait until you get the motor done. 41FCR's that seems kind of big but I'm not familiar with the short stroke motors. I'm still waiting for the AHRMA schedule but believe it should be done around the first of December. Keep us posted on progress.

#22 ·
I have not started assembling the chassis just yet. I plan to finish my bracing on swing arm then I'll mount the engine as is, so that I can build the step header. I'll do a dry build after that but the gas tank is gonna be a real challenge for me.
41fcr work well on these engine as the short strokes share same valve size as the 1100cc engines. with the ahrma rules at 2mm overbore this thing will be a few points under 800cc and scream its way to 14k rpm
Back in the day I ran 41fcr on a short stroke based 76mm bore engine to have 136hp at the wheel and it was really never running perfect .
So this race engine with 75mm bore will be perfect on 41mm carbs.
besides I plan on running willow springs 9 tun 2.5 mile road course ONCE A YEAR. That place is all about Top end power.

#23 ·
have decided to use the larger yosh adjustable triple camps that I have, and use the 45mm gsxr 600 forks on this project..
I'll make reducer shims to reduce the 50mm hole to 45mm and this way i can also play with fork width.
I'll post pik's of this tomorrow.

#25 ·
Fuel tank will be last or near last need a running bike before I take on such a project. I HAVE NEVER BUILT A TANK BEFORE BUT I have a good idea how to go about making it happen.
It will likely be segmented and welded with English wheel to make the radius's.
Time will tell..

#26 ·
Hi Guys, I have not been able to go grab those 41fcr's just yet.. will keep u updated .
I'm actually thinking of getting it going with my injection set up and adding the carb's at the last minute.. I'll post some new pic's soon..

#27 ·
ok guys.. here is my idea for my forks and clamps..
Yoshimura rk720uc adjustable offset clamps
03 gsxr 600 45mm showa forks ..( of course these forks will be valved and modded for this bike and racing slicks) but after I get this thing built.
as I mentioned earlier ill make reducers to fit the forks to the clamps.

Attachments

#31 ·
whoop there it is!!! Obviously I picked the wrong head to start with but with new valve train, port, epoxy head flow went from 85 to 103. With Arias pistons and some light mill work compression is roughly 12.5:1. Heats up quick so installing additional cooler and Yosh temp guage Friday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.