Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Texas Riders' Thread V2.0

26K views 180 replies 87 participants last post by  TennisFreak 
#1 ·
Ride in Texas? Post here! There's a lot of riders in the state and it's stupid not to get to know each other :banana

Post about group ride dates/areas, good places to ride, bike nights, track days, or any other random stuff we come up with here on GDC!

Make sure to introduce yourself and your ride(s). Feel free to give a little background info. (i.e. "I like to ride track", "into stunting", "hit me up on a sunday for some spirited Hill Country riding", etc)

Dream of Flight aka Dan
San Antonio (Lackland AFB)
2008 Hyosung GT250R
2002 Suzuki SV650S

I'll be at the track soon with the SV. I ride daily on my two-fiddy and occasionally a weekend Hill Country ride.

Riders

San Antonio:
Dream of Flight
Beaker
Silver_transam
quest23
ckl5899
gsxrstunna13
mdrey
steelersGSXR

Austin:
MotoMummy
chillinGSXR
Enoch
sgt_petty_210
adamrm038
808suzu
j_snake
centex_gsxr
Gixxer2k4
missfit

Houstin:
G1XX32F3V32
Gixxer2k4

Corpus:
MAClowry

Dallas:
06gsxr600tx
Barnard
BottleRocket
texastransam
basslover911
scooby6920
K9GiXxEr6OO
txoutlawgsxr
TX.75L
sharp750

Brownsville
Mr. Evo IX

Tracks

Over time I hope to list every track in Texas (road and drag) and the hosts, costs, etc. List up all the tracks you know. I'll do the research and post up details as needed. Let's try to provide an easy outlet for anyone setting out to hit the track for the first time all the way to the experienced racers. I'd like to see less "Hit at an intersection" or "Went too wide on the street and now I'm paralized" threads... So let's give people no excuse not to hit the track! :thumbup

(All tracks are linked to thier respective website)

Texas World Speedway
2.9 miles & 1.8 miles
College Station, Tx 77842
Phone: (979) 690-2500

MotorSport Ranch
1.7 miles & 1.3 miles
Cresson, Texas 76035
Phone: (817) 512-3162

Eagles Canyon Raceway
2.46 miles & 1.7 miles
Decatur, Tx 76234
Phone: (940) 466-9775

GrandSport Speedway
1.3 mile & 1.2 miles
Hitchcock, TX 77563
Phone: (409) 986-7223

Track Schools & Track Days

(All schools are linked to thier respective website)

Lone Star Track Days Riding School
College Station
Phone: (713) 459-8754

Ride Smart
College Station
Phone: (512) 469-9491
Cressen
Phone: (512) 469-9491

Elite Trackdays
San Marcos
Phone: (512) 971-1231

Motorcycle Training

To find everything from MSF Courses to Track Schools in the state of Texas, click HERE.​

If anyone ever has any questions, comments, or suggestions for the thread please feel free to PM me. If you have any info that fits under the titles above or want to introduce yourself, please post it in this thread and I will update it later.

To view original thread, click HERE.​

See less See more
#149 ·
sabin would be a good place to check..Im not exactly sure but amoung my friends Sabin has a good rep so i would trust them. Porting is a pretty standard procedure though so i would check a machine shop first...My guess is that if sabin doesnt have the cnc machine or laithes their just gonna send it off to a shop they use.

#152 ·
Hey all :biggrin My name is Michelle and my boyfriend's name is Jeese. We have a 2005 GSXR 600 that is painted pearl white and we live in North Austin. This bike is actually a replacement that Jesse bought me when he totalled my Ninja 250 back in May (luckily he only suffered a broken right femur and he is totally functional again now :wacko)! I must say that I love my "upgrade" and love to ride her fast! We were interested in maybe joining a club or something since we will be getting another bike in the next few months. You can reach us at jesse@deleocustomrebuild.com Look forward to meeting others!!

Michelle

#153 ·
Currently stationed at Dyess AFB on AD in Abilene,TX. Not too many awesome places to ride IMHO as there is back home ( Washington State..Specifically the Pacific NorthWest ) but there is a few fun runs out this way.

Always looking for an excuse to ride and love meeting new riders, independants and other clubs. PM me if your in the local area and wanna cruise! :punk

#173 ·
I'm from the Mansfield/ fort worth area, been riding for a while now, I ride anywhere I can, I got a couple buddies that ride too. Been wanting to group ride or just hit the streets anytime of the day as long as there isn't snow lol. I got a l1 gsxr 600 white and black, mostly ride down 377, 67, i20, anywhere pretty much. I always see bikes in groups and when I turn around I never can find em again. Just pm me or whatever

#174 ·
I'm new to the boards.

GixxerKage aka Rey
Baytown/Houston, TX
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600 ( Black )

Been riding for about 3 months now and getting use to my Gixxer. Been riding solo, have a few friends with bikes but just havent been out with them yet.

Looking to chill and ride on weekends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.