Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2013 Yoshimura limited 1K

15K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  IYAOYAS 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anybody heard of this bike for 2013.
I just heard about it today from my friend that works at a Suzuki dealer. He told me that there will 3 versions of this bike being released. The lowest at $18K and the the highest at $25-26K. The only differences will be cosmetic stuff, rotors, wheels, etc... None of the options will have motor mods besides the exhaust.

#52 ·
You summed it all up perfectly in your statement javadog.

#54 ·
Funny thing is, before they launched this "limited edition" Gsxr 1000 I already have most of those mods and some that are not offered with this Ltd edition K13 on my K9, and it cost me no where near what Suzuki is charging so I guess I can say that I got the best "Limited edition" for the cost that I paid without being raped !!!

#55 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I agree the limited, base option, is very anemic. I purchase one of the 750's including the option number 2. This option added OZ racing wheels (piega-r), Galfer rotors (superbike), black braided brake lines, Renthal rear sprocket, RK racing drive chain and a few other options. The slip-on exhaust is a waste as I'm adding a full system. I have also added a number of additional engine upgrades. Total price out.....$25K

Note: As JAVADOG, stated above, Yoshimura's team, putting these bikes together, are legally unable to do all the upgrades we seek. They did however, work with my local dealer to assist in any way possible. There was a number of hard to get parts that Yoshimura allowed me to order and ship with the bike, for my local shop to install.

These bikes come with full factory warantee and all the restrictions that come with that.

Hope this helps...

#56 ·
I have always found the guys at Yoshimura to be incredibly helpful. I wish that there wasn't as much government intrusion in our lives, and fewer lawyers...

Even the dealers that upgrade these bikes are sticking their necks out. The only reason they continue to do so is that there isn't as much oversight/enforcement as there could be. It's only going to get worse.

Enjoy the bikes you can get today, as someday you won't like what's available.

JR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.