Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Gixxer that wont keep runner

678 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JSargent52 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 600 gixxer and it sat for several months without running. At the time it was running ok it has always ran a little rough at slow seed. I charged the battery and went for a ride. I got her up to running temp and took the choke off and gave a twist of the throttle and it died. So I put the choke back on and road a bit and then turned it off again and at the first stop it died again. I drained the tank cleaned the fuel filter and filled it up with fresh fuel and no change. I am wondering if I am headed in the right direction with the fuel system or can someone tell me if it sounds like something else.

#3 ·
^^ What he said. Very typical of clogged jets in your carb. I'm guessing you didn't treat your gas before it sat?

#4 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the k1 fuel injected and not carbed?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Sorry, I just googled it, it is injected, I was thinking it still had carbs. It sure sounds like a fuel issue. Have you ever cleaned the filter sock in the tank?

#6 ·
I wasn't sure lol still pretty new to the bike scene. But also check to make sure one if the fuel injectors isn't clogged. But start simple and work your way from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.