Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Wiring harness routing confused

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
Hi i have a 98 Srad im in the middle of installing a new loom i baught its all wired up working sweet i got a service manual so i can look at the harness routing diagram but my only confusion is in the pic below that i circled if the wires come out that way the tank pinches the wires is this normal or am i looking at this wrong?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#2 ·
Your looking at it wrong. Those wires come from low down in the frame on mine.

#5 ·
ah ok got it thanks so not pass the carbs it goes down and out the frame right when i removed the old wiring it was passing the carbs but i thaught they would get rather hot and fry the wires possibly? my old loom was butchered thats why i got a new one

#6 ·
you can get some of the loom casing at the auto parts store and beef it up around the engine and clean up the harness, looks cleaner and keeps the wire from contacting anything hot and melting the wire..

I didn't like how its so close to the radiator so I used some loom casing to insure some air passes between them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.