Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New Rider in Georgia

5K views 110 replies 19 participants last post by  Moto_Joe 
#1 ·
Hello all! Just bought my first bike. 2008 Suzuki GSXR 600.

#32 ·
Honestly i could car less what anybody on this forum thinks about what i chose as my first bike...id get ridiculed with any bike i bought be it a 50cc moped or a ducati 1198. Yes i took the msf course and yes i am riding with care and not being a fucking idiot on the road like most people ive seen around the states ride a crotch rocket. I introduced myself because im new to the forum....so without further adieu....FUCK OFF

#80 ·
first off; it's "couldn't care less" saying you "could care less" means just that...you care some, and have room to care less.

secondly, people are just trying to help. joe was commenting b/c some dick got indignant and said "well why do y'all say that". it's not a personal attack.

third, i give up :lol

#33 ·
^and that is why I quit.

None of them care or will listen to those who know better. No use trying lol.

#46 ·
If somebody doesn't know what a sticky is on a forum, then that's on them. :wacko

They're threads that stay at the top of a given message board. :thumbup

#53 ·
My head hurts from the poor grammar,uggh.

#57 ·
:lmao

GUCK GUCK GUCK GOOO!!!! you're so funny, I fell on the floor and rolled over. Either way what is your purpose in life...oh nothing...right right!!!

If bad grammar is your per-requite to understanding, then your mental capacity is very small and it doesn't shock me. If you don't understand what I've said and where I'm coming from in what I have said, then too bad for you SLO-MO. Wasnt talking to you anyway...IDIOT!!!:flipoff
Sorry what? Couldn't get past your abuse of the English language. :dunno

#58 ·
Whoever put this (Pay no attention to me, I'm just a douchebag,plain&simple) under my name...your a PUSSY BITCH!!!

Fucking ****'s...we're having a gd back and forth and you have to go BITCH...fucking IDIOTS. Real Pussy Shit!!! Crash and die tomorrow you bitches...is that better now!!!

#65 ·
Damnit Joe you beat me to the Ban button!!!

#67 ·
The lulz have been had, carry on gents.

#71 ·
Oh, okay then. ;)

Cursing&insulting other people when you cannot get our point accross is usually a sure sign of of uneducated people or people that have low intelligence. Clearly both were traits of the-now-permabanned Bucwheat
Yeah, he wasn't going to win the class spelling bee. :thumbup

#70 ·
Cursing&insulting other people when you cannot get our point accross is usually a sure sign of of uneducated people or people that have low intelligence. Clearly both were traits of the-now-permabanned Bucwheat

#82 ·
ok, well excuse me for my less than perfect grammar, im happy you found something to nit pick at. secondly, i was not attacking moto joe or anybody really. its just that everytime somebody says he gets a"r" bike as a first bike its like hell froze over. people get these things as first bikes all the time, some do good on them, others dont. truth is no motorcycles is more safe than another. everytime you get on a motorcycle you accept some kind of risk. just the nature of the beast.

#83 ·
#84 · (Edited)
i can go out and buy a harley davidson fat boy and kill myself just as fast as i could on a sv650, gsxr 600, etc. Its all what if's. saying you WILL die on a gsxr 600 as a first bike is like saying you will win the lottery tomorrow. You might, but you might not. It comes down the rider also, if you get on that new 600 and ride it like a bat out of hell, yea, you might not fair too well when you get to that unfamiliar corner coming up. but if you learn the bike and take your time on it, you might find yourself a very capable rider.

#85 ·
*sigh*.... wrong.

One more time... would you give a 1000hp supercar to a 15yo kid learning to drive?

how about a turbo hyabusa?

Why does the MSF course start riders on 250s?

A lesser bike is FAR less apt to cause a issues with a new rider. Your "argument" is that someone "can" make it on a high powered bike. I CAN survive a fall from an airplane with no parachute. That does not make it a good idea to temp fate by jumping without one :idea.

Your exact quote "no motorcycle is more safe than another" is CATEGORICALLY and 100% WRONG.

#101 ·
You need full leathers, pants and jacket, and they need to zip together. But if you go to the org I coach at they can be rented too. You then need gauntlet gloves, proper boots, helmet, and preferably back and chest protector although the later are not "needed"

Ride share being just that, share a ride :D, Meaning help someone with gas who has a trailer and all the extra crap we eventually all take, and ride with them

All that is "needed" are gear, and bike, and a gas can.

But there is a lot of crap we take to be more comfy. Tables, chairs, cooler, canopy, etc. As a n00b you can likely share a lot of that with someone to save cost and all.

Define "full gear" in your definition :shifty

#104 ·
Ugh...... I hate seeing people talk about track days. I have been riding street bikes for.... well coming up on 6 years now, and I have always wanted to track my bike. But i am to scared of dumping my gsxr, looks to damn good! lol. However, i am about 3 months or 3 payments away from paying off the 750, really been thinking about spending a few grand on getting a wrecked bike and fixing it up just for track days. (straight track plastics, all that good stuff) Already have leather gloves, snell approved helmet, and boots. Just need to find a decently priced one piece now. I cant wait for my first track day!!!!!:punk

And back to the origin of this thread. OP, you are right about one thing and one thing only, ALOT of people start out on "R" bikes. None of them thought it through. It just is not a good kind of bike to start on. I understand you already bought it, just be careful, take baby steps, and learn.

I started out on a Katana 750. At the time i thought it was to much bike for me. Rode it for a while until i had all of fundamentals down and knew what i was doing on two wheels. Some time later i purchased my first R bike. A 2005 cbr600rr. And im not to modest to admit, that there were days on that cbr that i told myself, if i had this bike as a starter bike, i would be either dead or in a wheelchair. They are very unforgivable bikes. Any input put into them will be shown and mistakes will not be forgiven. Only takes one mishap and you are going down.

Ride safe and have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.