Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Tps adjustment

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  911GSXR 
#1 ·
I did the dealer mode mod on my 05 gsxr 750 and I got a C00 code with the dash on the high part of the C! Read up on it and found out the tps was to high so I turned it down and hit the switch again and got a low tps! After doing this about 10 times I started to wonder is my tps bad. Could it be a bad tps r r the tps just that sensitive?

#5 ·
Do it with the bike fully warmed up and idling. I've seen lots of cases where they adjusted it, then started the bike. What they didn't realize was that the high idle cam had engaged. So, you need to wait for the high idle to settle before you go dicking with the sensor.

#6 ·
Well thanks. Got the tps adjusted to perfection. And just like in 99.9% of others cases; after the tps was correct the exhaust started popping and the throttle is scary sensitive! I know this is my first bike and all but geez. When I hit it the first time after the tps was set I thought it may have gotten stuck! Wasn't that quik before but it also wasn't popping. Is there a fix?

#9 ·
Bugmans gsxr says this is a side effect of the PIAR MOD

An unwanted side effect of this mod is popping on deceleration. You'll now have loud popping and crackling of the exhaust whenever you rapidly let off the throttle. That's simply because without the PAIR valve opening on deceleration, much unburnt fuel exits into the exhaust stream, and ignites part way out of the midpipe. So your bike will sound like a badly tuned Hardly-Ableson, something I really did not find desireable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.