Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

My practically free 97 750! (build thread)

19K views 158 replies 28 participants last post by  ccmhunt 
#1 · (Edited)
i wanted to show the few and proud what a find i found...no fairings but the rest of the bike is perfectly straight and solid...btw i traded a rc rock crawler for this bike!!!
i got it with the impression that the fuel pump was bad....nope..pulled it and cleaned it...works like a new one!..this thing purs like a kitten...now my question to u guys is color? any problem areas to watch out for?...any input is greatly appreciated.. this is my forth gsxr but first srad!!! thanks for looking guys

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
This place is the nuts when it comes to knowledge and humour.

#41 ·
As said above...Ccmhunt is your man.

It's those floats or petcock again.....if it's not that, don't ask me, I ain't gotta clue :p

#40 ·
Contact ccmhunt he has just rebuilt mine and added some goodies for me.

#44 ·
In my opinion, yes.....as it runs lean standard anyway.

I'm sure Chris will correct me if i'm wrong!

#45 · (Edited)
ok well i think im down for a carb rebuild and jet kit install from Chris! Also gonna pick up a air tray from him as well i do believe! I got my levers today...pretty sweet lookin! (Thanks cobramadness)

Attachments

#48 ·
are you a painter? my 6 hunnerd needs paint but if I do it I want it spectacular something stock but Chip Foose or at the least factory quality..

my favorite scheme is the gold but I know its too elaborate unless I have the graphics kit which I can't find

the only other paint I really like is the blue/black (last pic)like the 02 busa or the blk/charcoal/purple like this one and I could replace the yellow with a chrome GSXR or something like that..

I dunno for myself I don't really like custom paint jobs I dont know why I just like the stock paint jobs..

how are you going to do yours?

#49 ·
yeah i do alot of painting here locally...ive done at least two dozen bikes i would say...from solids to wild and crazy..lol me though i have a soft spot for nice clean solid color bikes...this bike will be a super dark blue..or black...with gold wheels, black frame ,swing arm , and front end bits...i will probably go with some nice gold "r" decals and that will be it for decals..

#54 ·
Why not got to a vehicle wrapping firm and get the panels wrapped. Its an idea I have been toying with for a while. My mate has some real carbon wrap and he keeps bugging me to do it all I do is pay the cost of materials and this stuff isn't cheap about £75 per metre.

#64 ·
#66 ·
I got my rear wheel painted to check the color...will have it sand blasted and will have them powdercoated...what do u guts think?..pretty close to the cgr color .

I will mock it up and get your guys opinions! thanks for looking

Attachments

#76 ·
#78 ·
Im going to get some anodized gold rear sets when taxes get back..so thatll solve the rearset problem ..haha. and yeah i have a powdercoating setup...the wheels will barely fit in my pc oven...thats the biggest part i can fit in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.