Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

TOTALLED 07' Gixxer 1000

42K views 194 replies 74 participants last post by  nismos14 
#1 ·
Sup guys. I haven't been active lately, well at all. On November 24, 2012 I was in an accident that should have killed me. Some of you may have already seen my video on YouTube (looks like an easy turn on YouTube but not in real life) . I was riding like a fool, a nut but hey we've all been there. This was my first accident AND my last.

I have plans to rebuild her and be back up by summer of 2013. I have never done a rebuild so this will for sure be my first. I will document my rebuild and post videos to YouTube. My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/RiceRocketKev Please subscribe and follow my progress. Here are some pics.

I know some people will give me shit. But hey, I broke it and I'll fix it. :punk

See less See more
1 2
#89 ·
how the fuck did i miss this yesterday?! there is so much fail in the OP that i have not the words to describe his fail. has anyone invented the word "squidiot" yet? that guy takes fail to the 10th power...

#100 ·
I finally got to watch the video. OP, you make Mr. Rogers look like an animal. I have been bashed up way worse than you were many times, along with seeing many of my friends do likewise over the years. I have NEVER heard someone who had at least one testicle at some point in their life make noises like that :crying :crying :crying :crying when they took a hit. Besides the fact you should have ridden right through that turn. You need to turn in your man card. Hell, you need to turn in your vagina card too! :lmao

Sounded like you were slipping big blue in your ass after you fell. Were you actually crying,:crying :crying :crying :crying or did it just sound that way? :lol I'm just glad you didn't take anyone else out with you, you big baby.

#101 ·
Sounded like you were slipping big blue in your ass after you fell. Were you actually crying,:crying :crying :crying :crying or did it just sound that way? :lol
:spit aahahaha, what a lovely image that is...

#128 ·
#110 ·
Why do y'all have problems with the rebuild? You'd rather just give up and get a new bike. Well bike has been amazing and I don't want to see it get parted out.

Frame
Forks
Brake rotors
1 clip on w/clutch assembly
Radiator and oil cooler
Subframe cage

That's all I need to get back up and running. "That's all" lol.
Then I'll get a new gas tank cowl and bracket then the tank is good.
In time will come; all plastics, signals, stay bracket, gauge (the gauge cluster was detached and I put it by the swing arm while transporting it).
Plus I wouldn't mind having a project with a great prize at the end.

I'm sure there are people who would do what I'm doing.

#111 ·
Sell what's left and buy yourself a SV650 and learn how to ride. Getting back on a 1000 (with the way you ride) is just asking to be buried in a box ASAP.

Do the right thing.:cheers

#113 ·
Still have to make sure the engine actually works too right? I mean you did throw it off an embankment and I'm assuming you didn't try to start it up again yet right? Might be dealing with a rickety motor at this point too, that thing did have some nice hang time.

#116 ·
$3500 for a rebuild. @SLP I have not started it yet. My clutch line snapped and idk how Imma check the engine. I guess I'll get a new clutch assembly and see if she starts up. The front end took all the weight. Only minor scratches on the left cover. Do you have any suggestions for me?

#120 ·
Lol yeah! You're a mind reader. What sucks is I was planning on getting full coverage too. But im looking at the bike and the only damaged parts are the ones I listed. There are still many many still good parts. Would you like pictures of certain parts? I can provide if so.

#130 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kev.

You Are Not Listening. Actually, even worse, you are listening, ignoring our best advice, and then asking us to tell you something you want to hear. We will not be telling you what you want to hear, though, because...

You are wrong. If you were listening to the VERY EXPERIENCED (in some cases professional) riders who have told you what they would do in your position, you would be shopping for a 250 or a non-R 600 already.

Your old 1000 is now dead. No matter what you do, you will wind up with a zombie- sure, it's the same bike, but it will be a shambling, stumbling, DEAD version. It will not be the precision instrument imbued with raw power that you fell in love with. It never will be the same again.

Also, if you had truly learned your lesson, you would realize that you Are. Not. Good. Enough. To. Ride. This. Bike....yet. You can learn, if you choose.

Again: You currently lack the skill. Nobody is born with skill, it is earned. The fastest way to learn is on a smaller bike. If you are afraid of riding a small bike because you're afraid of looking like a pansy, guess what? You're a pansy. Don't hide behind a monster machine, buy one you can learn on, and stop posing. Only an ignoramus and/or a sissy lets looks stop them from doing the right thing, and learning properly.

Your next step should be to buy and read Twist of the Wrist 2. Watch the video as well. Apply the lessons inside to every ride, even practice away from the bike.

These are racing machines; learn how to use them properly and they will be SO much more fun than the looks and attention you get just by riding it. Earning the respect of people who have learned how to ride very well is also incredibly rewarding, and is not a shallow, empty kind of feeling. It is the kind of thing that helps children grow into real adults.

Speaking of: Pretending is for children. If you hop onto a full-blown race machine right off the bat, you are pretending you know how to do something you don't. You are a grown child, playing dress-up. There is nothing wrong with starting out on a machine that isn't the fastest, biggest, most famous piece of hardware around. Nobody respects the dude who decides to buy a 'busa one day, then tools around, afraid to lean over and turn.

You've done an outstanding job of keeping your temper, and I think you deserve credit for that. However, you are also ignoring the best advice this whole forum (which is a formiddable place- we are in the presence of very talented and experienced people) has offered you. Either take what has been said seriously, or at some point those who know will have no patience left for you.

You've been very polite and well spoken, and I like that. If you become brave enough to take the advice that is offered and fix your own mistakes, I'm positive you will become a liked and respected member of our little community. Personally, I'd love to see you live long enough for that to happen.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do- hopefully you pick up a practice bike, and learn to wring every ounce of performance out of it before you move up to the Huge Bikes. I promise, smaller bikes are way more fun to ride when you're new, and even after you become a better rider, they never loose their charm. I'd rather wring the guts out of a machine that can barely hit 60 than cling to the grips of a bike that goes 160 on accident, too scared to try anything, any day of any week.

#133 ·
Sorry, TLDR eyerolls make me chuckle. Apologies, and long story short, OP: The best advice you're likely to get has already been given. Maybe it's not easy news to listen to, but it's honest and very well informed. Please don't ignore it.

Your polite attitude is probably the only thing keeping the local fauna from tearing you apart; I think most of the people following this thread are a little unsure of you- Rides like an ass, but talks like a gentleman? Keanu says "whoah."

Also, we don't want you to die. Especially since you seem like a nice guy. Best way not to die is to BOTH learn to ride well AND to keep sane-only doing one or the other still makes it easy to die in a hurry.

Study! Learn! Live! Twist of the Wrist 2 will open your eyes; I've re-read it multiple times, with a new "eureka" moment every time. It is absolutely essential to read, too. Driving a car correctly at speed is complex; a bike is at least three times more complicated to ride correctly- I'm making every effort to be literal. You've got to do your homework if you're not being trained by an expert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.