Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

making my own petcock

12K views 219 replies 20 participants last post by  cody5127 
#1 ·
Hey guys, found some plumbing supplies I could use to make a pingle style petcock,.gonna make a plate to bolt it to the tank tomorrow at work but here is what I have so far. Let me know what you think. Its gonna be considerably shorter when its completed, this us just what I came up with.

#169 ·
Tlee, fuck off. Nobody asked for your opinion on my financial situation, as of right now I have a 5 $ bill in my pocket and payday is tomorrow, after payday I will be even more broke.
Srad, go ahead and ship, I will get the red r, even if it's not three end of the month, in January I'm starting a new job gonna be making a lot more than I am now so I should have it by

#171 ·
Cody...I'll send it this weekend.
All...we all do what we can here for the cause.
Some do more than others and every ones situation is different.
While I too find it difficult to believe that you are having difficulty with the 15.00 contribution fee, who am I to judge an others situation and so...I won't
Glad to help where/when I can as this site has been berry-berry good to me over the years and I try to always keep that in mind when trying to help others.

#185 ·
Warren dont send him your petcock,I sent the Pingle out to him today. Nobody is forcing Cody to get a Red R,sure it would be great to honor my *request* but nobody is forcing you dude.
Enjoy the petcock;)

#173 ·
Tlee, like I said fuck off. What you mean you never said anything about my financial situation? Did you read what your first post was on this thread? Maybe you should re check it cuz pretty sure you told me if I can't afford it to gtfo (paraphrasing). Plus, the red r is optional, as in it's not needed, just appreciated. I said I will get it when I can and that's what I plan on doing.

Srad, I really appreciate it

#179 ·
Yea i can read and i know what i said this is my first post :fact

maybe it is you who can not read :dunno
Oldfart i bet you still have half naked fireman calenders in your garage :eek:ogle

very very generous of you og. i dont see anything wrong with your requests become a site supporter 15 bucks and get a free 100 buck petcock seems like an easy concept to me. then later on cody can see the classifieds to again help himself with better deals on maintanence/care for his bike.
if this is the post you were refering too

dude :wtf is so hard spend 15 bucks get your red are become a site supporter (to help keep the site running and help keep informing people like you about their bike so they don't catch themselves on fire) and OG said he would ship it to you and not charge you anything

if this is so hard then do us all a favor and :gtfo
the point i was trying to make was that if you can't come up with the 15 bucks to help be a site supporter to help us all stay in touch and keep the information exchange going (trust me there is a huge supply of knowledge to be had here) that you should simply go to craigslist or ebay to find your parts.

point #1 neither on craigslist or ebay do i believe you could find the exact petcock for your make and model for under 15 bucks. OEM i believe someone said it was in excess of $100

point #2 with your red r you not only help keep this site running which we all love, but then you can also access the classifieds to sell as well as buy products (from people who know what they are talking about and can tell you quickly if it will work on other makes and models)

point #3 OG said he would give you the part free as long as you would become a site supporter then Sradiator said the same thing, both are willing to give you a $100 part FREE for simply becoming a site supporter

now where else will you find a brother hood like that? but that is the kind of people this site is filled with and all that they ask is for you to help support the site to keep it running so maybe just maybe someone else like you can be helped later on :cheers

#177 ·
Tlee, I feel you on this one, it seems as though he just doesn't want to come up with the $15. Has plenty of cash to waste on brass valves though.

Luckily people like SRAD, CCM, and OG are willing to put that obvious red flag to the side so this guy can get his bike running safely.

#187 ·
Unlike you, I can actually read, and comprehend what I have read.

Now, I saw that you have $5 to your name, and for that, I am sorry. However, my sympathy immediately goes away after reading something like this:

If I can't get one then I'm just gonna delete the diaphragm off my current one so its free flow and put stop valves in the lines. It's my only option and I already have the valves on the way.
Followed by:

I will get my red r just not today, earliest would be at the end of the month but right now I don't have the money. So learn to read before you try to criticize me.
While also seeing this:

like I said I will look into [the red R], doesn't mean yes I will get it but it doesn't mean no I won't.

So why should anyone send you a $100 part right now? Maybe they should just look into it. :dunno but for now you can chance it with your $30 of scrap brass you created, since you seem so proud of your backyard engineering.

#180 ·
Yea you told me to gtfo. And also you still apparently cannot read since I repeatedly said that I will get my red r just not today, earliest would be at the end of the month but right now I don't have the money. So learn to read before you try to criticize me.

#181 ·
And, I'm a member of about 11 forums, not one says you have to donate nor even asks for money. Plenty of info on those too. Not saying it's a bad thing to all for help, but why is this the only form where you need a membership to post in certain forums?

#182 ·
go back there then and find your part and its like that so this site doesnt turn into craigslist

:lol im not arguing with you and turning this into a pissing contest, besides my E-Penis is bigger than yours (so im already a winner) its been smashed with the mighty ban hammer recently so im not gonna push my luck right now with the mods

#189 ·
Well, you win.

I will not be arguing with your response because... well... it wasn't even in English. :lmao

#192 ·

And I do own a smartphone, but, unlike you, I have an education, and can spell while using it.

#197 ·
Holy hell, I smell a clusterfuck!! :lmao

#198 ·
I backed out, as I was outwitted with his comeback.

#200 ·
I think this petcock debacle rests partially on my shoulders for not letting well enough alone.
I couldn't leave the frankencock be and just let Cody do his thing.
Oh nooooo...not me.
I had to open my BIG fat mouth and stir the frankenpot of poop!
Now I like childish behavior as much and the next guy (probably more) and I try to act the child, every opportunity I get.
But cursing each other out over this, hardly seems the adult thing to do and again I blame myself in part for perhaps not leaving Cody to his own devices.
The helping hand at G.D.C. sometimes comes in the form of the middle finger, though often the intentions start out as good ones.
That being said lets let bygones be bygones and move on with our frankenlives.
In the meantime i'll look for other threads to derail and act poorly in.
Until then, then...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.