Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

02 600 Bracket Drag Bike Project

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Spanky's Racing 
#1 ·
I picked up this low 02 from a buddy of mine that was going to use the motor in a buggy project for $500 and
decided to make a bracket bike out of it.

I dry blocked it and made the drag pipe and had a 1.2 gallon tank made that uses the stock fuel pump.

I got a good deal on some Catalayst Composites body work and test fit it before I took it a part to clean, paint and polish

I have a +10 swingarm, power commander, msd launch master 2-step , air shifter and air clutch to put on it.
Future plans are to swap out the 600 motor to a 1000.
I will post up more pictures as I go back together with it.

See less See more
#8 ·
youre rear end body cowl where did you buy that ?
you can hide alot of nitrous in there
like a twin bottle 12 oz set up easy

#9 ·
thats mad.
did the 1000cc fit without any frame mods?

#10 ·
Nice to see it dude. Can't wait to see it in action at NPR. I just got mine back together in time for last weekend, but had a delay box gremlin. I left after one time trial. I cobbled together a tail from an old race piece after I bent the sheet-metal one and it's OK, but I need one that looks more natural like yours.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying your trailer.

#14 ·
Yeah, you need to come out. I missed the first race, but it was supposedly packed. Super Pro past the fuel shed, and 20+ bikes. Last weekend had a bunch of cars, but just 7 bikes. I heard there was a race at SCR.

Wish I would have known about the fender. I just got one from Sharkskinz. I also got a partial upper from them and made a "bikini" nose. I only kept the stuff between the ducts, so it's really just a windshield mount that looks like a hawk beak.

I will work on the issue this weekend. Something is making noise in the delay box. It repeatedly triggers the shifter when the starter runs and triggers the launch limiter around the top of first and the rest of the pass. Wasn't fun. Mr Track Champ left with his tail between his legs and 0 points. I didn't even stay to get my 10 for first round.

Let me know if you need help with anything. Just don't ask about wiring 12v systems. I apparently don't know what I'm doing. 35 years of experience just ain't enough. Seriously, I just think its a case of something grounding through the Biondo box. Time to get testing.

#15 ·
wich rear end do you have a +4 or +6 ?
i am gonna do something similar only not going 1000 just yet
but gonna give her same decent amount of spray
good luck and looking forward on your build

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.