Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Charging problem

997 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  yellowgixxr 
#1 ·
2001 GSXR 600 new stator, r/r, battery and wire harness from stator to r/r. It only pulls about 12.15 v at 5k rpm and around 11.89 at idle. I can ride for about 6 miles and then the battery goes dead. Charge the battery again and the same things happens. I've triple checked all connection and all wires. I'm a rookie and I can use some help.

#6 ·
Yes I replace them all at the same time. R/r started smoking when I was testing everything out. So I bought all new including wire harness from stator to r/r. I did some more tests yesterday and it appears that I got a defective stator. Contacted the place I bought everything from and they are rushing me out a new stator and r/r.

#7 ·
Do a search for Mosfet regulator rectifier or follow the link. I have one if these and their awesome. Also I read somewhere that the zip ties on a stator can cause them to smoke out early - thus guy reckoned he removed them (carefully!!) and had no issues. Anyway, do some reading and have a go. I had similar charging issues, replaced the reg rec and did the stator thing, new wires and no issues since.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.