Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Bridgestone S20 hypersport tires

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Crashing Sucks 
#1 ·
Just curious if i am crazy or if this tire is just very vague feeling.
I mounted a set of these to my k7 1000 last month and cant help but notice there is hardly any feel from the front. Granted I maybe a bit spoiled from the Pirelli Slicks i run on my track scooter, but they just dont seem to talk to the rider at all. They are still pretty fresh and have really only been used for commuting but every time i ride the thou i notice this, especially in the wet. Please don't confuse this with a lack of performance. they seem to grip and turn fine. I just do feel like I'm being told the full story when i ride them. Before this bike had 2cts on it which are kinda blah for my taste, but were on their when i bought it, so i rode them out. the 2ct's had feel. I have BT003rs's on my RC51 and they are quite the opposite. I have even ran them on track a few times with good results. (besides some rear sliding) but those s20's i just cant wrap my head around. It feels like a ride on a cloud. I even tried playing with the pressures with no difference really. I checked the pressures way to frequently because of this.....maybe they speak Spanish or something. I remember back when I was down to the wear bars on the rear and was trying to wear the tire out on purpose just to feel like i used it all before i binned it. I have a back road here i sometimes frequent on the way home. I would bang downshifts and plow the front brake to make the back step out during 1 or two corners (back it in) nothing to hardcore just a bit a fun before ending a long ride home after a hard day. I don't even like braking that hard with these tires because i simply don't get alot of front end feel even under hard braking.
Just curious how others have liked these.
chime in.

See less See more
#2 ·
The Pirelli (IMHO) gives alot of useless feedback. The sidewall is very soft and squiggles under hard braking. I ran 3 seconds a lap slower on Red Stripes than on S20's because I was so freaked out they were moving all over the place.

The Stone has a really hard sidewall, doesnt say much until you really get close to the limit then it lets you know. The Pirelli's are like a 17 year old cheerleader... they never shut the fuck up.

Just depends on your style, I dont want my tires saying anything until I start to push them to far. The rest is just a distraction for me.

I've run every street tire on the market, the S20 is my favorite with Q2's just behind.

Race Rubber Dunlop is my tire. I've done things to the NTecs that should have highsided me to the moon but they just stuck.

#3 ·
I run the S20's on the street right now as well and like them also. Q2's I would put next as well with the pure's right behind that. I loved the lightweight of the pure's, but didn't like the feel of them as much.

I just wish Dunlop would run another awesome Q2 sale and get them under 200 again...

#5 ·
knowing you, and how you are always fucking with shit, Im betting you just have the bike dialed a bit for another tire, and thus it is not working for this one.

You cant always go from one brand, to another, and not expect to make changes. NOt for performance riding that is. It often just doesnt work.

Street riding? Sure. Most of the time it doesnt fucking matter anywya.

RE: Pirellis squirming or being soft. All of that goes away once you set up for them.

So many people take somethign like a bike set up for a dunlop, and think they can slap on a pirelli (complete opposite type of tire) and then bitch that the tire felt funny. Of course it did. With the dunlop your suspension does all the bump absorption. With the Pirelli the tire does too some, so you have to change the suspension (actually softer in the front compared to dunlop) to compensate.

The S20 is a good tire for all around use. It doesnt do anything GREAT imo. Sort of like a pilot power. Just a good all around tire. Nothing specatcular about it though.

#6 ·
I did set up the gixxer with the 2ct's on it, because when i bought it, it had never been set properly. Maybe i should play around with it some more. As for the Pirelli slicks, i am partial to them. I like feeling every little thing the bike is doing, and they do it well. I am running the redstripes as well and have about 120 laps on them so far (on warmers) and i have only had one or two moments with them that i had coming anyway. both were getting on the gas to hard/early trying to get onto the straight at Fontana of the last turn. They still feel as good as they ever did.
I appreciate the feedback fellas

#13 ·
at the moment 32 cold at the moment. but honestly i think i am just really use to the pirelli's. i was looking at some track photos using them. check out the sidewall deflection on the rear. :eek:hmy

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.