Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Head shake save!

2K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  wuzup76020 
#1 · (Edited)
This is at MSRC in Texas.. This particular turn i took wide to pass someone. I hit some bumps on the far outside causing the front to get light. AFter the headshake started my feet came off and i was flopping everywhere. It happened for so long that i had an actual thought process onhow to stop it. I rested my stomach against the tank and was able to get enough weight off the front and it settled down... Scared the shit out of me none the less :lol

#13 ·
I was collecting my thoughts. Thats the slowest section of the track coming up as well. I picked it back up pretty quickly but just cut it out of the video.

#16 ·
Yeehaaw!! Glad you rode it out.

#29 ·
You know actually I didn't notice.. the next mile of the track is throttle maintance and light braking/engine braking..I know by the time I came back to that section everything felt "normal"

#28 ·
No I used a generic youtube downloader and took it from another video..edited it down and keep it in the "toolbox" on my editing software. Click and drag. Lol

#30 ·
I know what started it!!! If you look close...i went to switch gears. the abrupt on-off throttle while i crested the bumps was just enough to upset my suspension. Look closely at my right hand and you can see my "blip" for the gear switch. :cheers

#31 ·
I still say unless that track is straigh up motocross whoops right there, you need to look at geometry or something mechanical. You are straight up and down and the wheel is not set down majorly crooked or anything. That should NOT happen. Even with a stock damper.

I raced for a long time with a stock damper, but properly set up geometry and chassis.

What geometry changes if any are done to the bike?

There is no reason bumps in the track should cause that violent of a headshake. I have ridden over some damn bumpy shit.

#32 · (Edited)
I will have to get my measurements. Suspension is a black art IMO so i dont even fuck with it. My suspension guy has my exact measurements but im on full racetech internals for the forks and shock..valving,springs,oil and fork extenders half way up (15mm cap extenders so my guess is 7~8 deeper than stock) and my rear is shimmed 6mm. I do get perfect tire wear..no tearing or anything. Im running a 190 16.5" michelin power one slick C compound. I get 6 days out of it riding it fairly hard as im not the slowest in lv3 but im not the fastest either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.