Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

The Battle of Gearing Up, Last Chapter

29K views 63 replies 34 participants last post by  VisualID 
#1 ·
Remember the thread 'Battle of Gearing Up' with HerMKV? She ended up getting pinked at the end of it. The thread was mostly her arguing with people over wearing gear (she didn't want to).

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231318

I saw this on another forum, she did crash, & she did pay big time. I feel bad for her, I would never wish bad shit like this on anyone. At the same time she almost begged for it to happen to her. Ended up being a damn harsh lesson for her. She says she learned her lesson, unfortunately it was the hard way. Something to think about for the people that think wearing gear is for other people, or for pussies, or for people who aren't careful like you are, or you are only going to ride local, it's too hot, & on & on with the other 100 reasons to not wear gear. Hopefully some of the noobs can learn something from her. I hope she heals up quickly.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    12 KB Views: 1,946
  • 31.4 KB Views: 1,891
  • 20.3 KB Views: 1,907
See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#2 ·
That will learn her.:bitchslap

FWIW, I took the fiddy1 down to the shore on Sunday and out of the 30+ riders I passed, not 1 single rider was wearing anything more than a lid, shorts, tank top (some without shirts) and sneakers. However, I did see one guy with a chrome half helmet and an Icon back protector (over his t-shirt).:dissapointed

#4 ·
I know, I see the same shit. The new one I've been seeing with a lot of the Harley crowd is wearing long sleeve sweatshits, like that will make a difference when you hit the street. I learned that lesson even riding my mini bike in the dirt when I was 8.

#9 ·
You're not shitting. That damn rash hurts like hell for a while too! Every time you take a shower I about shit when the water first hits. :chucks

#11 · (Edited)
Some times even gear can not save you but does give a better chance of walking away with less injuries. A friend crashed yesterday in the early afternoon,did not make a corner and went through a wooden fence. Every bone in his face has been broken,piece of wood pierced through skin on upper part of leg,kidney needed to be stitched up and spleen removed and the list goes on. Have not gotten the whole story far as gear etc goes but is just very sad to hear this as I was talking to him in the morning while at the local hang out for bikes.
This girl did learn the hard way as most do,shame but she was willing to take the risk.

#12 ·
Some times even gear can not save you but does give a better chance of walking away with less injuries. A friend crashed yesterday in the early afternoon,did not make a corner and went through a wooden fence. Every bone in his face has been broken,piece of wood pierced through skin on upper part of leg,kidney needed to be stitched up and spleen removed and the list goes on. Have not gotten the whole story far as gear etc goes but is just very sad the hear this as I was talking to him in the morning while at the local hang out for bikes.
This girl did learn the hard way as most do,shame but she was willing to take the risk.
Holy crap! Did he have a full helmet on & still bust up his face?

#13 ·
Wow I wonder if she would like to reconsider some of the following quotes?

"true...but scars are kind cute"
" i wont reach into your pockets...i have a good insurance policy and i work for a hospital, it'll be a write-off :lol:"
"...god forbid it happens to me...i wont regret it "
"i wear a helmet for one reason...
its the determining factor to whether my family can hold an open vs closed casket viewing"

And that is only up to page 3 out of 17. She sure sounds very cocky in those posts.

#16 ·
I know. She learned the really, really, hard way. I was surprised when I went back & saw some of the stuff that she said. :facepalm

People that have never had the pleasure of crashing have no idea how much it can suck.

#28 ·
it's got loops I can attach to my belt if I want...

I posted in a gear thread, but I do always wear my jacket with reinforcement, gloves, boots, jeans (smd), and helmet... all of it's Joe Rocket except the Helmet is Shoei.

I was holding off on buying a 1 piece until next season simply because I heard it rumored that prices may be dropping + season is almost over + I'm a bit anal on my cash reserves, I've got plenty for it - but much like when I play monopoly I keep enough set aside in case I bust on anything :)

#29 ·
Do the loops, it will help a lot if you go sliding. I have 3 JR jackets, a mesh one 5.0, the Alter Ego textile, a long textile one for winter (forget the name) & a pair of JR textile pants, & my 1 piece NJK leathers. The JR stuff all has a half zip in the back.

#30 ·
Remember the thread 'Battle of Gearing Up' with HerMKV? She ended up getting pinked at the end of it. The thread was mostly her arguing with people over wearing gear (she didn't want to).

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231318

I saw this on another forum, she did crash, & she did pay big time. I feel bad for her, I would never wish bad shit like this on anyone. At the same time she almost begged for it to happen to her. Ended up being a damn harsh lesson for her. She says she learned her lesson, unfortunately it was the hard way. Something to think about for the people that think wearing gear is for other people, or for pussies, or for people who aren't careful like you are, or you are only going to ride local, it's too hot, & on & on with the other 100 reasons to not wear gear. Hopefully some of the noobs can learn something from her. I hope she heals up quickly.

I ryde gud, dat shit aint gown happen to me.

#42 ·
Ouch. I rode to NJ on sunday and it was about 95 degrees, I had my full leathers on with boots and gauntlets. By the time I came home my tshirt was soaking wet along with my boxers. I felt the burn of the asphalt at 15mph during a 12 o'clock on my old stunt bike (before I started riding track) and that shit hurt like a bitch, never again.

#45 ·
Besides the lack of gear I just don't understand these people that spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on tattoo's then ride without gear. So not only are you going to cause your body damage and possibly kill yourself but all that money you spent on that sleeve or back piece or whatever now looks like a fucking horrid piece of chuck meat. I've seen to many guys here in Calgary that must think they are captain awesome sauce driving their bike down the road with all their tattoo's showing off on their muscle shirt, I just constantly shake my head at them. :shifty:dissapointed:shifty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.