Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

GSXR750RK owners thread

134K views 514 replies 87 participants last post by  dorianwandzura 
#1 ·
As there seems to be a lot of interest in the RK and Henriks thread got a bit hijacked, I thought I'd start a thread just for RK owners to share pictures and information and see how many we can find!

I own 2 RK's, one is standard and a little tatty, the other is very much a work in progress. It has Showa suspension, Nissin brakes, WS swingarm, SRAD 750 wheels and a Wiseco 771 kit eventually. It is taking me ages though!

The pictures below are my standard one, followed by the project one as it was when I bought it, and as it is now. I bought the second one at a really good price as it is a genuine RK. I think it looks horrible and didn't mind stripping it to use as a project bike! The first one is going to stay original. They are frame numbers 123 and 135, and engine numbers R713-100133 and 100156. I know only 500 were made and 50 came to the UK. They cost 8995GBP back in 1989!

Frame numbers should start GR79A, B, or C, and engine numbers start R715 for Japan (restricted to 77hp) , R714 for France, Germany, Austria and Sweden (restricted to 100hp I think) and R713 for the rest of the world (including Belgium, sorry muzzys!).

Many were obviously raced and crashed so it would be nice to know how many are still out there.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Mine - chassis:GR79A-100050, engine:R713-100055, bone stock.. except for the 71mm overbore piston & paint.
2 more in Malaysia, im not sure whats the vin (most likely GR79A too) but I will definitely take pictures of em
Work in progress... at the moment engine on the shelf waiting for missing engine mounts & bolts, sprocket cover, carb rebuilt & etc... Im holding off on paint stripping the fibreglass, gonna make me fiberglass mould first...

#6 ·
Number 24,,and an race only,,,have a line on the 00001 bike,,been trying to buy it for years,,the bike is turd but the frame and swingarm are stock unpolished and has the RK engine that came with it still in it,,now thats rare...but having the 0001 would be great,,actually surprised it was ever sold,,i thought they usually crushed the first 10 or so bikes,,maybe not a so a rare and special machine..

#9 ·
Nice thread nsracing !:thumbup

Mine: chassisnr.: GR79A100080 - engine: R713-100090
I'm from Belgium and 24 RK's were imported (14 were sold in 1989, 10 sold in 1990). That was the information a couple years ago from Suzuki Belgium.
It's original and has 45.000 km. I bought him in 2000 with 29.000 km.
Only 1 option, a Yoshimura exhaust. He stand in the house since end 2006 but next month he's back on the road:banana
First picture: "beauty and the beast"

Attachments

#16 ·
Bike projects are like jigsaw puzzle games..(minus the complete bikes)
after all that time & money spent looking for pieces..
would you sell it off ??

*I see the manual.. the RK blinker lights are off from the productions ones... do you noticed they are actually squares?? almost like the GSXR400 or the RG ones?? or is it borrowed from it..
atleast all RK in Japan that is.. or different export requirements hence the different blinkers size in other countries

#19 ·
The front end of mine is probably from the 750L model. There seems to be a few of them out there with this set up. I've been told by a few owners that some of the RK's left the dealers that way, but it's one of those things that's impossible to confirm. The rest of the bike is currently stock, except for the blue screen, and it is soon to have a nice new WP rear shock.

#26 ·
Ok... need some help.

Mine has the engine prefix R716 as it should.

I'm chasing a replacement main oil cooler as we have just found a pinhole in it that can't be repaired. We are trying to get it ready for the Barry Sheene Memorial on Easter Weekend (11-14 March).

Just PM me with what you have, where you are, postage to Australia and price.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will also drop this in Classifieds.

#31 ·
Hi, just bought an RK from a guy down in Sydney. It's stock except for a Yoshimura exhaust end can, Ohlins steering damper and rear shock. Chassis number is GR79A6K2100047, engine number is R713100261. The previous owner was the second owner of this bike, so unfortunately for me I don't have all of the original paperwork for it. Does anyone know where I could get an owners manual or a copy of same for the RK as I want the bike to have appropriate paperwork, books. manuals etc. Any help greatly appreciated.

#33 ·
GR79A6K2100047? you mean GR79A-100047? wow big sister.. welcome:punk
owners manual is right here at the manuals download.. please post some pics:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.