Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

TRE MOD WORTH THE MONEY??

51K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  TOEJAM 
#1 ·
I was looking to do the TRE mod. I know it is cheap but is it something that I should get??? My bike is an 04 600 with BMC filter and a full yosh exhaust. SHould I pick up the TRE or not?? Pro's and con's

808fastbikes

#2 ·
Don't buy a cheap version. Some TRE's will mess up your throttle control in low rpm's. I had one and it had a real bad bogging affect below 4k in 1st and 2nd gear. But if your above that limit the bike will run great. Mine worked great for the a couple of weeks, then it messed up on me. when it did work, I loved it. Made everything real crisp and smooth. Gave the bike more snap. there are a ton of threads about TRE's. Do a search and read about them. Im guessing the cheaper ones---the resister goes bad. But from others I hear great things about them. Like I said, when it works right, its an awesome things to have.

#3 ·
I have the JSD TRE
At first I was concerned about the way it was working
I adjusted my idle (partly due from adding a bolton can) and the thing works fine all the time.
I have the switched version which is needed. Sometimes I need to turn it off for startup hot or cold.
Def smooths out the motor.

#6 ·
Buy a good one.
I have one on my 04/750 and it works great get the switched version it will help with cold/hot starts and mentioned.

I smooths out the throttle respons alot and it takes the jumpiness out of 1st geat at low rpms.

Its worth the money

Safe riding

#17 ·
pghbricklayer said:
my gixxer 1000 does the same bogging thing when starting off at lights sometimes, almost a shake until i open it up some more. any help on what i could look for to be wrong. will a tre help?
no, it will make it worse. when you put a tre on a suzuki the rpm will rise with the clutch in. so as you release the cluth the rpm level drops (about 200rpm) while drag increases. it's really bad on the 04/05 600's. but your 1k shouldn't be bogging at all simply because its a 1k. the 01-03 models don't suffer as badly. you just have to launch like a rocket at every stop light with a tre. but thats just my opinion alot of people love them. on the 1k it will also remove you speed limiter.

#18 ·
Blitzkrieg said:
Just save your pennies for a PCIII. Especially if you already have an aftermarket filter and exhaust.
I like what it did for my 1000. I also had/have a PCIII that I used.

#21 ·
It is my understanding that only the pcIIIr(race) version has adjustable ignition maps.When I installed mine (pcIIIr),the instructions said to only change the ignition map if your running race fuel on a full on race bike(head work,full exhaust, etc.).I didn't hook up the ignition timing plug.

#22 ·
R.P.750k2 said:
It is my understanding that only the pcIIIr(race) version has adjustable ignition maps.When I installed mine (pcIIIr),the instructions said to only change the ignition map if your running race fuel on a full on race bike(head work,full exhaust, etc.).I didn't hook up the ignition timing plug.
you can do that on a PCIII USB as well. You actually dont even need a PCIII to do that at all.

#23 ·
Riding in the mountains yesterday I tried switching the ATRE on my GiPro off and on to see if there really was much difference. Yes there was! The initial throttle opening was much easier to control with it on, as was the smoothness of the pick up over the lower rev range. I am leaving it on...

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.