Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

My practically free 97 750! (build thread)

19K views 158 replies 28 participants last post by  ccmhunt 
#1 · (Edited)
i wanted to show the few and proud what a find i found...no fairings but the rest of the bike is perfectly straight and solid...btw i traded a rc rock crawler for this bike!!!
i got it with the impression that the fuel pump was bad....nope..pulled it and cleaned it...works like a new one!..this thing purs like a kitten...now my question to u guys is color? any problem areas to watch out for?...any input is greatly appreciated.. this is my forth gsxr but first srad!!! thanks for looking guys

Attachments

See less See more
#81 ·
yeah i painted it with high temp engine enamel...650 degree protection.! i have some more updates to...forks are done with fresh seals and fluid. tubes are powdercoated with eastwood powder. wheel is done in same as rear in vht engine metallic....super strong stuff. i decided to let them run like that to see if it holds up. i will have a pic in a few of the forks.

Attachments

#87 ·
ok got the front end back on all but the brakes...i think im going to go gloss black with gold lettering on the calipers...

Attachments

#88 ·
yea that looks good, did you protect the top clamp or is it bare metal? I brushed the top flat part of mine then applied a coat of light flat but it didn't stick, I cleaned it with vinegar and alcohol before painting, now the tank bag buckle has dinged it up with black that WONT come off, I need to take it down again and find a coating that will stick, can you do thin matt or flat powder coats?

maybe I need to anodize it?

#89 ·
yeah thin powder coat is simple...flat and semigloss are simple as well.. the fork are just lightly powdercoated with a semigloss gold. not exactly the the color of the wheels but close enough...triple will get carbon fiber treatment! thanks for the compliment.

#90 ·
it might look funny if they match perfectly, just a little off is good I think, helps break everything up, but yea thats a sweet SRAD you did all bearings and seals, go through the electrical and fix all common issues?

be just like new, they are good bikes, a lot of people just don't know

#95 ·
Ok guys i have been debating and debating and debating.......i have decided to go with a factory paint scheme....any insight on which ones would look good with what i already have?.....( gold/ black)....( silver/black)....(red/ black) ??????

#106 ·
The red R pays for itself. Welcome to the club!

#107 ·
i had an 04 charcoal and black gsxr1k with gold wheels and loved the look...i will try and dig up a picture. here is a yammerhammer painted silver with black accents and gold wheels to get a general idea.....

:thumbup

just IMO i think the gold would conflict with a silver/black paint scheme. BUT thats just me.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

#109 ·
i had an 04 charcoal and black gsxr1k with gold wheels and loved the look...i will try and dig up a picture. here is a yammerhammer painted silver with black accents and gold wheels to get a general idea.....

:thumbup

just IMO i think the gold would conflict with a silver/black paint scheme. BUT thats just me.
[/QUOTE]

You know...thats really not bad, I used to have a silver car on gold wheels not to long ago and for some reason it drove me nuts. That example you gave actually changes my whole opinion on the matter.

Go for it OP

#111 ·
ok so i got a little update. i have got some fairings...bout to start the body work. i would really like to find a race tail or a cowl soon if someone knows someone , please let me know. thanks in advance!

#112 ·
heres a pic of the shortened rs3. only reason i shortened it was because it was rashed. i took out the least amount i could. i also recleared and polished it as well. thanks for looking.

Attachments

#115 ·
Good deal! Can't wait till u get them cracked open. They are probably pretty dirty by the looks of the tank. I cannot be held responsible for dirty carbs! Haha keep me posted. By the way remember mine need fuel rail o rings! Thanks again Chris!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.