Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

93-98 GSXR-1100 Yoshimura exhaust.

13K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  SideStradleHoppin 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me the Yoshimura full race exhaust (stainless steel) part number for a GSXR-1100 93-95 ?
4 into 2 into 1.

XXXXXXR135RR something like this....

Thanks.

#3 ·
I have a (new when installed) Yoshimura RS-3 stainless system (header, midpipe and end-can) on my 1994 1100. I'm at work current so I'm doing this from memory: the number is similar to what you have suggested above but I do recall the number '136' as in "RR136XX". The 'X' is not a 'wildcard' but is indeed in the part number if I recall correctly.

As for the item pictured, the end-can is not an RS-3 and is probably a replacement aluminum round can or salvage from another source (Zyclone?). I can't recall if the RS-3 came in a round can but mine was oval and stainless. As I recall, that model came with three end-can options: stainless, carbon fibre or titanium.

Further, the geometry of the header pipes/bends looks different from mine. The inlet for my end-can is 2.25 inches in diameter if that helps.

If I were you, I'd contact the seller and get some measurements if possible.

#4 ·
I just noticed something else: my head pipes are continuous and the ones pictured have intermediate welds on them. Further, because they have very little corrosion on them, it is possible that it is a titanium header assembly which would be very nice to get a hold of if the sizing works out for you. The mid-pipe looks stainless though.

The only thing I can't confirm for you is whether a 'non-duplex' race 'titanium' system was made for our model years (because that is not a duplex pipe). Somebody else out there with some more knowledge?

#7 ·
Headers look good, but to my taste you can do better on the end can (bling, bling!). :lol

#8 ·
Those headers do look nice! I think they are stainless. If they were Ti they would of had never been used or they would have that cool blueish color on the pipe! I've never seen a header that looks like that how #1 and #2 go in over top of #3 and #4.

#10 ·
I've got a stainless Yosh RS3 and my head pipes have no welds. The more I look at that system, the more Frankensteined it becomes. The only thing that might be Yoshimura is the name-plate and end-cap on the canister.:dunno

#12 · (Edited)
Look at the different metal between the header and the midpipe. The header looks like the nickel-plated Vance & Hines systems of the period. That would explain the welds and the lack of bluing on the header at the first bend.

#13 ·
Seller says there's R135RRT punched on mid pipe.What about the f****** headpipe ?
There is no issues with midpipe & can.But the damn headpipe has to clear the pan !Probably from 1&2 pipe running over 3 & 4 .Doesn't look like 1100 parts to me.
Also i cannot dry fit it 'cause my 1100 motor is apart, just dropped the block to the machine shop this afternoon for overbore (1117).

I'll call Yosh tomorrow but i got a bad vibe about this.
Murray can build a custom one for me.

#14 · (Edited)
Don't mean to kill the dream here but what threw me off initially was the big head pipe bends halfway between the collector and the exhaust opening on number 3 & 4 cylinders. I do suspect that it is either a header sourced from another manufacturer or one off of an older oil-cooled GSXR, or both. Does the seller have any history on this item because the fuel tank in the picture is from an older GSXR?

#15 ·
Hey Guys it seems everywhere I turn someones getting all jacked up about this series of gixxers. Why is that? I've been looking for weeks for various parts for my '94 750W. Only ones I CAN find, if I can find them at all, are OEM parts. Was this just a forgotten/bypassed set of bikes or am i just looking in the wrong ballpark? Anyway my question was actually is this "R135RRT" still made, cause I can't find diddly on the Yoshi site. I am deployed currently so calling them is kinda hard, but really all I need new headers. I can't see not replacing it with a aftermarket full race kit, but can't seem to find one. I've been on every major site I can think of. Will any other years/models work with minimal issues? Didn't mean to take away from the orginal thread question just couldn't figure were else to go.

#16 ·
Your best place to find aftermarket items such as exhaust's, etc. is on here from other members. You can sometimes get a good part on eBay though. Alot of the new bike stuff will work with our bikes though. So for instance if you wanted Pazzo levers you just need to get a clutch perch and new front master cylinder mounted and you can get the "cool new toys" for the older bikes.

Hindle Exhaust still makes full exhaust systems for these bikes. I think they might be the last company that actually does.

I just can't imagine what the exhaust companies did with there templates/dies for our series bike. I don't see why you can't call Yoshimura and order a set of headers and they pull out the "old" specs and bend the damn pipe. It's not that hard of a freak'n job to do!

Most of the exhaust canisters on current model bikes will stull attached to an aftermarket mid pipe for our bikes. You just need to measure the opening for the exhaust canister and match it up. You can always take a pipe to a muffler shop and have it opened up a little if it is to small.

I want to mount a "high mount" exhaust on my bike one day. I had a guy at a muffler shop tell me to bring my exhaust can with me and he would mock up the piece of pipe I need and bend it for me. Then I could have it coated, etc. before I mount it.

Good luck finding parts.. ;)

BTW: There are alot of parts that fit these bikes you just have to find a "newer" bike that uses the same style of parts and do some cross referencing. Brake pads come to mind when I talk about this.

Windshields are still being produced by Zero Gravity if you need on. Brake lines are still being produced by I think all of the major companies also.

#19 ·
Well thanks guys. I will say that right after posting I started digging more into gixxer.com and found more parts than I had before on their sponsers pages. I had come across that Vance& Hines exhaust on another site, but they were out of stock. I thank you all again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.