Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Dry Nitrous System, What else do I need?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Paintballer95 
#1 · (Edited)
Buying the MPS DRY Nitrous Spyder set up. Using the either the 28 or 32 shot.
My bike has a pc5, full exhaust, air filter, tre. it has been dynod.

What all else do i need?
Im about to replace the clutch so should i do anything with the new one or leave it like oem specs?
Spark plugs, should i run colder like cr9e or cr10e?
the pc5 will let me tune the bike to the nos. but is there anything yall suggest to keep me from blowing my shit up?
Its not stretched, so i know itll do wheelies, would yall suggest only 5, or 6 gear sprays? or 4th?
I know not to let it redline so hit it at the beginning of a gear.
Should i have the top of the bottle facing downward? ive heard to do that for dry nitrous and ive heard some say not to do that.
How many shots will a 1 pound bottle get me?

UPDATED INFO

Well for the most part Ive figured out a bit of info. That ill add to this thread everytime i get bits and pieces.

Using the 32 Nozzle Shot.

Its actually pretty dead on with adding 30whp.

CR9E plugs are good for running nitrous

For dry kit, top of the bottle needs to be angled down as low as possible. and bottom needs to be up.

Clutch. YOU CAN RUN STOCK CLUTCH BUT ITS GOOD TO ADD ATLEAST 3 HD SPRINGs. aka add 3 stiffer springs. it is fine to add all 6 if you want.

The difference in the regular kit and spyder kit is the spider kit has 4 nozzles that go into each intake hole. and the regular kit has 1 nozzle you just plug into your airbox.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A ON-THE-GO MAP SWITCHER FOR THE PCV OR PC3 OR WHATEVER YOUR USING.
MPS sells the map switcher.

Map Switcher = For regular driving use. Youll need a map not set up for nitrous so you have your regular power map and a nitrous map. For instance put the new plugs on. Get it dynod without spray to the most power you can get. Thats map 1. Then get it dyno tuned for spraying nitrous(itll be a lesser hp tune) but adds more fuel when your hitting the nitrous.

You cant have the same tune for both. Well you can. if its a nitrous only map. But you cant run nitrous on a dynod map for your bike without nitrous or youll blow something up or itll run like shit.

Stock 07/08 GSXR 1000 Motor can handle a 30 shot of dry nitrous. But if you want to upgrade your head gasket to a titanium one or just a stronger one in general it couldnt hurt.

On the go map switcher means you have your normal non nos map running at all times. then when your going to spray the nitrous switch to the nitrous map by flipping the switch then hit the nitrous.

YOU CAN HIDE A 1 POUND BOTTLE IN THE TAIL SECTION OF A 07-08 GSXR 1000 BUT CUTTING A FEW THINGS.

You can spray during any gear you want but its strongly suggested not doing it in 1st or second because youll redline to quickly and redlining on nitrous will blow your motor.

spraying in 3rd is sketchy because you may flip over.

4th gear is a good gear but id strongly suggest you hit it in 6th first, see how it acts, then 5th, see how it acts, then 4th if you think it wont flip the fuck over.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks man, once i get it all, and all the help doing it, ill do a full install thread for dry nitrous and everything needed for anyone else doing it. I also plan to hide the bottle in my tail section or atleast have it mounted within the undertail. There not any threads out there for this stuff so i figure if im going to do it, ill make a full thread for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.