Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What made you smile today....

130K views 1K replies 168 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
Seeing how that other thread is doing pretty well....http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331963

I thought i'd get you guys to share what made you smile today....not my idea really, stolen from another forum :lmao

I'll start...4 days off, after 7 days of working late shift and hardly seeing the kids(notice how i never mentioned the wife :shifty :lmao nah i love her really)....phew!

#307 ·
Thank God for that mate.....Big burden, a Mortgage is.....First thing i'd do if my no.s came up, is pay that shit off!!!

#308 ·
Saw a couple of my favorite pilots from an old unit today! Had a nice chat, and laughs were had by all. Good times, made me smile.

#311 ·
Having an argument with the miss's about her loosing her car keys all the time (because she dosent hang them up on the designated key hooks)
Then having to ask for her help this morning to look for mine .... because i didnt hang them up last night .....:lmao

#317 ·
not motorbike related. but finding out a smart 4two is competing in the Dakar rally against proper rally raid cars has put a smile on my face

#318 ·
Seeing this bike complete (or as close to it as possible) again made me smile. It dropped a valve back in October and I had decided to part it out and bought an 07 Gix 1000 to replace it. A few parts were sold and then someone made an offer for everything together again, so I sourced a cylinder head and piston and rebuilt the motor and finally got everything back together last night. It still needs rotors since those sold with the magnesium wheels, as well as a new ignition switch and fuel cap since those also sold, but other than that she is ready to go again. The buyer has another 01 street bike that is mint as well. It will be bittersweet to see this one go.

#319 ·
Diggin' the paint... minus the maroon on top.

Well, other than free dinner tonight at Kobe's for my birthday which made me smile, other than that it's been a pretty shitty day. Bike caught fire on the way to work this morning [starter solenoid shorted out], my Cadillac lost it's transmission on the way in and I can't move into my new shop until next weekend. Looks like it's gonna be a long week of driving the Avalanche... 60mi a day... it's gonna be an expensive week. :cursing:banghead

#320 ·
Thanks. The paint work is mine since I do many track bike paint jobs. I liked both the blue and the Yamaha candy red, so I used both. My web site is www.trading-paint.com if you want to check out my paint work.

Sounds like your luck is sucking right now. That blows.

The old girl can still rock though. This was taken the day the motor went. It had the magnesium wheels on it then, but those were sold.

#321 ·
The look on my little man's face when I gave him his Birthday present :)

#322 ·
Re: Re: What made you smile today....

What was the present? An order to go paint the roof and lag the boiler?
Yeah, I can imagine...:)

#325 ·
Not yet TT.....for now it's just a ps3 :cheers

#327 ·
^^^Big +1 buddy

He's hooked already on GT5 :lmao

Can't pry him away from it, so I can have a go :banghead

#328 ·
Been home for a few days, so I've had a permagrin the whole time. However, hopping on the bike for the first time and turning the key about broke my face!

She needs fork work, a tuneup, and eventually a factory harness, but good grief does that old bike sound happy!

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App

#329 ·
Making a 6foot tall snowman.

If any of you have a ps3 dj-smurph is my psn.

#331 ·
When I find out how to connect to the internet, i'll let you know :scratch

Had all the Family round today, celebrating little man's Birthday.....was a good day :punk

#332 ·
Little man driving an Audi R8 :lol

#337 ·
That's what I was thinking of! :lol

Fukn bling arse kids, with their mobile phones and their fruit roll-ups...

#335 ·
I thought the Audi R8 had more supportive seats!

#340 ·
Didn't know he was a Triumph fan...

#341 ·
Smiling today.
Finally got the thread repair kit I've been waiting on, with the drill bit I had to pay extra for :shifty

Haven't got the oem crush washer yet....should hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

Just hope I'm still smiling tomorrow, when I attempt to fix the thread :lol

#345 ·
Re: Re: What made you smile today....

What are you trying to fix? Oil pan drain?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.