Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

vel stacks cougar

6K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  spike52 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I had them long time ago.... and now order a set again.

They are 2 pieces, one goes from the bottom and then you screw the top. they use O rings, you just grease them so they slide and seal nice. and its perfect.

#7 ·
Definitely a neet looking stack. I wonder how it would effect the power of the motor if you were to use 4 of them? Yosh made a stack similar to this one here. I guess they did their R&D showing that using just the middle stack made the best power.

What kind of power curve did you get by using these mpp12? I use all 4 short stacks. Check them out man on page 48 of the El Toro thread if you never seen mine.:cheers

#9 ·
I use 4 short, but those gave more power in the sense that the power does not fall after the bike hits the top it lets the bike keep pulling

not for everyone.

#13 · (Edited)
Will let you guys know when I fit them.

I will have a Motty AFR & Wollich Racing Logbox setups sho should be able to see easily what’s happened to the fuelling.

May also test them with the stock setup with Yoshi Slip-On vs a full Yoshi race system also.

Am sure the Cougar dyno results are with a PC3. They only sell race compnents so naturally you would expect them to show the best gains possible & not crappy uncorrected AFR charts.

#21 ·
I'm interested to see the results you get King Kenny. I'm also wondering how much you will have to change your afr from your base line with these stocks on.

#23 ·
None, only a big hole from 9k to 10,500 rpm. That was the 'gain' I got
That dyno chart from cougar is pure fantasy.
Notice how everyone who raves about them is trying to sell them?
Thats exactly what I did too after fitting them and dynoing the bike.
Make lovely ash trays though :lmao

#24 ·
Lets see Kenny results, unfortunetly I dont have a dyno available....

Do you have the dyno charts, what happened to the top end deanK69??.

I have 2 sets because we thought that the firts one was lost... dont have the need to tell lies here mate.

#26 ·
Mike can you make recommendations as to what ignition/cam timing changes are suitable.

I am just back from a months Xmas hols in Europe/USA & am keen to get to business on my bike(s). Have plenty of work to do though before I get the Cougar stacks set up... (like installing my Motty for one - getting the Ti bung welded is the biggest pain)

#27 ·
Re: vel stacks cougar

Mike can you make recommendations as to what ignition/cam timing changes are suitable.
Sorry, there are too many variables to be able to even suggest figures, particularly as I have no experience of your era bike.

Unless you can find a race team willing to share you might just have to invest some (a lot) of time on the dyno.

Alternatively just enjoy the way the peak power is held until the red line rather than tailing off as before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.