Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

267K views 10K replies 57 participants last post by  1/4milecrazy 
#1 ·
This bud's for you, Bart.

#4,010 ·
Took a ride today on the bike in sweat pants, sweatshirt and sneakers. I was freezing cold and scared shitless but it felt good to be on 2 wheels!

Me and my family are heading down to Long Beach Island tomorrow to assess the damage and everything and winterize the house since there's not going to be any heat for like months.
Hope it's not bad.

#4,016 ·
I hate having no heat and no power. But I did finally get my rotors from motomummy, so maybe ill do that to entertain myself. Week 2 without work, supposedly power is back there so hopefully i can at least get back to work. Slept at Debs brothers last night to keep warm. Seems like everyone else made out pretty good. This generator has been getting a work out, i think when this is all over i might just spoil it a little bit with a good servicing. My stove still works so at least i been eating good.

#4,024 · (Edited)
Just dropped the motor out of the frame during lunch :D

Got a better look at the head in the bad cylinder. It's a little banged up but not too bad. I'm sure it could be fixed (not economically for the scope of this project though).

Fixed up that stripped motor mount with a helicoil while it's sitting here. Just need to wait on a few parts then I should probably think about giving Markbilt a call and figure out how I'm going to proceed.

#4,027 ·
I put antifreeze in the racebike and swapped the tires (gonna put the tires I used for the last trackday in the house so they don't spontaneously explode when I go to use them next year). She's winterized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.