Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

267K views 10K replies 57 participants last post by  1/4milecrazy 
#1 ·
This bud's for you, Bart.

#5,189 ·
#5,210 ·
Wish I had some money laying around for something like that. I think Arrow makes a midpipe for my setup so I can get rid if that big can under the motor and get different bodywork for like $90...

#5,212 ·
#5,213 ·
Sobyoubhave stock headers right? And a slip on basically? On the 06 slipons ditch the cat.

So you need headers?

I ask because I have a set of yosh headers that dimensionaly are the same as OEM. I used them with my different slipons.

#5,218 ·
I assume they're stock headers. I assume that's not a cat, but really don't know wtf it is. I think I just need to midpipe Arrow offers.

For the longest time I want to get a set of 16.5's to play around with just for fuck's sake on the 1000.

A couple years ago I would have not thought twice about getting these, now I'm just like.....mehhh, what am I gonna do with them.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346144
Yep, me too.

#5,214 ·
For the longest time I want to get a set of 16.5's to play around with just for fuck's sake on the 1000.

A couple years ago I would have not thought twice about getting these, now I'm just like.....mehhh, what am I gonna do with them.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346144

#5,216 ·
Well yeah, hence why I said why bother.

AMA and WSBK have both switched to 17 inch wheels now. It's really only MotoGP and a few other local SBK series that still run them. But I don't think the tire companies are going to be developing their 16.5 rubber much anymore....at least not what they offer to the public.

Now the development will be going towards the 17 inch slicks.

#5,220 ·
That is a pre silencer. Lots of the slipons systems have that. The yosh does. One of the m4s does.

Think of it like an old school canister just split in two pieces. You need that there. Getting rid of it with make it stupid loud and raspy and probably lose power.

#5,223 ·
My bike definitely sounds more subdued in the pits I think, no idea how it sounds at full steam from the sidelines. Either way it produced a pretty healthy curve on a factory pro dyno when it got tuned.

#5,224 ·
That yosh is how I ended up with my headers I used last year. Someone tried to cut the pre can out and straight pipe it and fucked the back half of the system up. I bought it and just kept the header half and used an m4 slip on basically making a hybrid full system

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.