Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Abyssmal 2013 Jap bike updates

13K views 116 replies 35 participants last post by  squale147 
#1 ·
Well, saw some of the new jap bikes for 2013. Wow, nothing so far as updates again save for Kawasaki (good on them). The 2013 r6...still the same one as from 2006. Bike is now 7 years old, no wonder people dont buy a new r6 anymore for 11-12k when they can get an 06 r6 for 3-4k. Same r1 as 09. CBR 1000rr got "updated" this year so nothing new. what about the cbr 600rr? zx10r still current. suzuki, heres hoping you update the 600/750, 1000s... your all thats left.

Europeans keep whooping ass with all the big upgrades. At least kawi is stepping up. what do you guys all think?

#60 · (Edited)
As a street rider I have had traction control on my bikes for the past 15 years, called my right wrist. Also have had ABS, index and middle finger which have worked rather good for me over all these years. I get a good laugh out of those who are disappointed that when new bikes are suppose to come out and learn there are no gains in the performance. I can understand if a racer or advanced track day rider might be looking for a little more but a street rider does not need more of a bike more than just seat time, etc. My current motorcycle has 117 hp less than when owning a K7 1000 for street duty, even able to go around Duc 1098's on the outside in the tighter stuff:biggrin

#61 ·
Save for the new zx10r and zx6r and the 2012 cbr 1000rr every other jap bike looks and IS old. R1 and gixxer need an update bad! If nothing happens next year, im going for the s1000rr. Used 2011 low mile one with akrapovic full system going for 12k, can't beat that. Thing must be pushing close to 200hp easy.

#97 ·
I researched your Honda MotoGP comment and the 2014 is being made for CRT bikes. Homogilation(sp), I guess?

So basically in MGP, there will be two types of bikes, if you'd say, Prototype and Satellite Teams, and more of a "spec" bike.

If they do that, regardless, they'd win, but would the high cost justify the purchase?

#104 ·
all this V4 talk is making me :drool

#109 ·
I remember them building him something BIG but I don't remember the details. As for the motors being a bit durable, Boccarp has a shitload of bikes so I'm guessing nothing is seeing long stints on the track.

Also, didn't Aprilia go thru something like 30+ motors for the 2012 WSB season?

#111 ·
Yeah there was some rumor like that, but they didn't say if it was just for him or both him and Laverty, or if it was even 32 at all. I remember similar claims made for the number of engines the Ducs would go through in a season as well.

#112 ·
Yes, they built a big bore RSV4. It makes 200hp and 100lb/ft of torque...and current has something like 2k track miles on it...still going strong...LITERALLY! :lol

I spoke with Chip about it (im still in the air between an RSV4 and BMW) and they are reliable as long as you don't mess with the rev limit too much. His big bore kit is just as reliable as stock because the bike doesnt have to rev any higher.

As far as Biaggi, yeah the team went through 32 motors but it was a "preventative maintenance" kind of thing. He didnt go through that many motors because they blew. He didnt have any mechanical DNF's.

Nothing would be wrong with the motor, but there is no motor limit in WSBK so they would start each race with a new motor just for the hell of it to make sure they are getting ever HP possible. When you are chasing a championship, you don't take any chances.

#115 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.