Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Thank you to Canada from the States

929 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Knight2211 
#1 ·
Since there are alot of Canadians on this board I wanted to send a thankyou to Canada. Hurricane Sandy hit us pretty hard here in the States on the East coast. We were lucky and only lost power for 5 days and my company is shut down until further notice which will really hurt me and my family financially but there are so many people that are completely devastated and my heart goes out to them. Canada sent something like 1500 workers down to the States to help us restore power. I'm sure I speak for most when I say thank you:cheers

#2 ·
Yeah, we all heard you guys got hit hard in NJ but also see that people got busy and jumped on it to try and turn it around right away. I was pretty proud to read about the Canadian folks who headed down to help you guys out too.

I hope things start getting back to normal for you soon.

#3 ·
Thanks. Right now fuel is an issue also. It's crazy I've never seen anything like this. Waited 2 hrs on line the other night for gas for my generator after driving for over an hour to find a gas station that had fuel. I feel terrible for the people in south jersey who lost everything.

#8 ·
I know that the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) offered a bunch of workers and civil engineers to help NY get their subway up and running again.

We are happy to help. Just the way that we are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.