Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

267K views 10K replies 57 participants last post by  1/4milecrazy 
#1 ·
This bud's for you, Bart.

#4,748 ·
BTW, Joe, there is no way he isn't spinning/sliding here. Look at how out of alignment his tires are!
definitely there :D.

#4,749 ·
they must have discontinued the power One commercial when the Pure came out.

It used to look just like the powe one race tire, but didnt have letter compounds or any carcass shape choices on the front.

Checking sportbiketireservices.com they dont have it, and they pretty much have anything michelin related.

#4,750 ·
Actualy no, that is it... they just dont call it the competiiton or commercial since the Cup is now the race tire.

http://www.sportbiketireservice.com/Power-One/

That is a trackday/race tire that doesnt require warmers (although they can be used on it for sure) like the Pirelli SP range of tires.

#4,752 ·
Hmmm. After the Mich P1 B I have on my bike are toast Ill have to go with a set of these Mich P1 2ct's or Pirelli SP's. Im not fast enough for the Pirelli Superbike Pro's yet i dont think. Im kinda bummed Mich discontinued the older P1 lines. They had a bunch of combinations I would have loved experimenting with.

#4,753 ·
The old power ones were full race tires
Don't be fooled by the name of the pirellis. They are just trackday slicks. They don't take any special talent to work right.

#4,754 ·
Whats yalls stance on take-offs? I see its MUCH cheaper, but youre also buying less rubber to use and they might be damaged. :dunno

#4,755 ·
Racing or trackday?

Racing... not worth it. The confidence of new tires alone is worth their price. When you second guess yourself or your tires entering a corner you crash.

Trackday? Sure. Not pushing the edge anyway. But keep in mind someone is tossing them for a reason.

#4,758 ·
Actually, the races I won, I bought a new rear and a take off front that someone had laying in a pile that was muddy.

I have raced on takeoffs, and done really well.

Actually, this front ntec I bought from the muddy pile... I might do my first race weekend on it next year. That's how much confidence I had with it. I might buy a new front ntec next year per 3-4 rear gpas :eek:hmy

#4,762 ·
All of the fronts are good like that these days. I change mine more for peace of mind than that I need it. The fronts all last forever these days. Well bstone I don't know. But the dunlop Michelin and pirelli do.

#4,760 ·
You better believe it! My favorite course by far! :punk

#4,770 ·
^^^^ Ewwww. That's not good. Hope you're OK.

A reputable racer actually suggested the Moto-D warmers, so I have faith in them. I agree about staying away from warmers for as long as possible as warmers usually mean more expensive tires, but dont I NEED them for the P1 B? Or can I get away with a few warm-up laps on those type tires?

This is for trackdays, NOT racing

#4,774 ·
that is the Superbike Pro's, right? Im guessing the SP's would work just fine w/o warmers as well as the new Mich Power One 2ct's? Would def save me some money. One full track days worth!

#4,804 ·
I put HIDs in the headlights and fog lamps of my previous Grand Cherokee. Install was a cinch and the light output was nuts.

New truck? Plug-and-play HID kits don't play nice with the new CANBUS wiring, at least not easy enough to make me bother with it.

#4,805 ·
That whole CANBUS shit is really butt fucking the shit out of you huh?

I had HIDs before but one of the bulbs took a shit, I finally just got around to ordering new ones. I also have to buy new fog lights for the front, so once I do that I will probably get some more bulbs for them because I have extra ballasts.

Then again, I think they make something to trick the car to believe the headlights are still operating, I know they made them for the BMWs.

#4,806 ·
I dunno.....there seems to be a lot of varying information out there regarding HID kits for the new Jeep. Most say you require cash outlay to upgrade the system as those typical kits you find in the $200-300 range don't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.