Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

My Rebuilt

9K views 94 replies 20 participants last post by  gixxr_06 
#1 · (Edited)
hows it going guys..srry it took me so long to get a thread going had a lil trouble with my phone ....i had to get a new one..but here is what my bike looked like when i got her outta storage and a few pictures of it as ive strpped her down ..she is still being worked on and i will update the pictures this weekend with what she looks like todate ..so thx again for lookin :cheers

these are some pctures the day i got her outta storage ..she was sitting since june 2006..

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
here are a few goodies ive recieved just these last couple of weeks ..:) graves barend, new rear swingarm ,woodcraft sliders and spools, bazzaz zfi system from my good buddy Berencam..standup guy:cheers, ebc hh front brakes and ebc gg rear brakes, and the very lovly yoshimura case savers :punk

Attachments

#14 ·
whats going on fella's ?.. time for a lil up date and my progress with my lovely gsxr 600:).. well i figured out the problem with my bike and why it wouldnt start .. i had to get a whole new fuel pump and a new tank.. and she fired right up
:chucks.. ive added a few more upgrades to my bab velocity stack, motion pro revolver kit, wood craft rear sets, and i decided not to get the gp1r exhaust i ordered the yoshimura trc carbon exhaust.. i think it looks better .. after i get it in im going to get it dyno'd so keep an eye out for the video and the paper print:fact off of the dyno tune:cheers enjoy the pictures of how she sits today :)

Attachments

#16 ·
Nice job, cool to see that you have done all the work yourself. I had to do some of the same repairs on my bike after a low side. Replace fuel tank, patch up and paint plastics. The thing that sucked the most is waiting on parts to come in.

#18 · (Edited)
yeah im still waiting on parts myself, i have a new chain and sprocket kit , vebc srk clutch z bomb new ceremic bearing, and a few more things still coming in just waiting on the mail man lol

did you wreck it or did you buy it wrecked?

also what paint scheme are you going with? (dont forget the undertail its a noticable few shades darker of a white compared to the side tail fairings)

and what is the benefit of making your side fairings and lower side fairings one piece :dunno (my thinking is if another lowside/highside took place you would have to replace the whole panel instead of just replacing the one thats broke)

its def coming together and it looks like you know your way around a bike :cheers
yeah i wrecked my bike back in 2006 about 11 months after i purchased it, was young and dumb and i was doing a stand up in second gear and i hit a railraod track and it shoot out from under me , i joined the military about a yr after words and it sat in storage until this summer when i ets'd and now im doing everything to fix her up, the paint scheme im doing ive been thinking about painting it like the 06 gsxr 1000 but im going to keep the silver and white theme i just think its the nicest paint combo, and i made the fairings one piece bcuz it looks better with no seems in the fairing and it kinda looks like the hotbodies race fairng but i can keep my lights .. haha, and thx for checking out my restoration :cheers:cheers

#17 ·
did you wreck it or did you buy it wrecked?

also what paint scheme are you going with? (dont forget the undertail its a noticable few shades darker of a white compared to the side tail fairings)

and what is the benefit of making your side fairings and lower side fairings one piece :dunno (my thinking is if another lowside/highside took place you would have to replace the whole panel instead of just replacing the one thats broke)

its def coming together and it looks like you know your way around a bike :cheers

#19 ·
Tire Cobalt blue Spoke Automotive tire Bicycle part
I just put a Driven 520 chain kit on mine from Motomummy. I went with the -1+2 gearing and love it.

#20 ·
View attachment 195801 I just put a Driven 520 chain kit on mine from Motomummy. I went with the -1+2 gearing and love it.
it looks good i do like the chain , i ordered the 520 pit bull chain kit from stg and i think ill be happy with that, im going to order a few different size strockets just so i can fine tune the final ratio and see what i like, i did order a new clutch and also some front and rear wheel bearings, im just waiting on mail tho so update when i get my Christmas present in the mail..lol:punk

#27 · (Edited)
heres a lil update for everyone , been busy this weekend.. preping, sanding, and painting the front half of my GsxR, i just finished reassembling my Beautiful bike ....lol ....so here are a few pictures .. i still have to finish the rear end,which i will be doing this week and i will post the finished pictures as soon as im done...:cheers, i hope u guys are enjoying the restoration

Attachments

#31 ·
Lookin good man, rattle cans work great as long as you do it right. Multiple coats of clear help a lot. Nice job!!

#32 · (Edited)
UPDATE: My Rebuilt

so i finished painting the rest of my bike today, im glade that i had some time to get it taken care of , she looks better then oem imo :).. me likey .. time to get some Gsx-R stickers for the side fairings :punk

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.