Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Bandit motor donor.

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  gotgixers 
#1 ·
Whats the latest motor you guys seen in a oil cooled gixxer. I saw a 08 motor and I thought that would be a cool transplant. Anyone done new bandit motor tranplant?

#2 ·
Bandit will work, but you need a GSXR oil pan, and pick up!

#3 ·
As for transplants, im using a 74 GT750 2 stroke motor as this winter's project!

#4 ·
'08 is fuel injected and water cooled. Wouldn't say it's impossible but a lot of work.

...aaaaand FWIW (I know I risk being driven out of here with torches and pitchforks) the new Bandit actually has a better chassis than the old Oil Coolers so unless said donor Bandit is thoroughly wadded up, that conversion is kinda moot... :hide

#16 ·
Just put a 2001 B12 motor in a GSXR 750K frame. Fairly straight forward with the exception of; drilling the lower rear engine mounts on the frame to 12mm to accommodate the B12's 12mm mounting bolt, and using a longer 12mm bolt.

I am using Dale Walker's B12 full exhaust and it bolted right up. I am currently installing/fabbing a Earl's cooler and will update with pictures.

#19 ·
If you want to swap in a B-12 engine, the BEST ones to use are the '01-'05 models. '06 and up don't really fit in a 1st gen all that well. The '01-'05 B-12's have dbl row output shaft brg, a heavier clutch spring, a speedo pickup on the CS sprocket cover(So you can run a digital dash with that upgraded front end that doesn't have a speedo drive), TPS feedback 36mm carbs (tuned right, these run smoother than FI) And the full wire harness fits right into the GSXR frame no problem, I just grafted my 86 headlight and tail light harness into it, and run the '04 B-12 ECU. Swap in a 88-89 gsxr 750 intake cam, a 5* ign advancer, carb jet kit, pods, a GOOD full exhaust, and drop 1 tooth on the CS sprocket. You will have around 130 rwhp, 72-lb ft torque and get around 40+mpg, and NEVER even get hot.(I run the B-12 oil cooler as well) And this combo makes power wheelie style torque from around 3200rpm up ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.