Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What are your gloves of choice?

13K views 69 replies 39 participants last post by  Rampage05 
#1 ·
I've worn through my Alpine Star GP Tech gloves and have some Held Speed III for the street. I was thinking of getting the Held Titan because of the nice feel the kangaroo leather gives.

What ya'll running and why? :cheers

#36 ·
A* GP techs why? Because guy next to me in the pits pulled them out of the box brand new and didn't like them. He didn't even give them a chance to break in :nono so he asked if I wanted them for 140. :punk

I love them though. They have good feel and seem like they will protect rather well. Hopefully I do t have to test the though

#42 ·
well, I'm a squid, so I have RevIt RSR gloves for now, maybe I will upgrade to something else from RevIt in the future, but I actually like these gloves, they appear to be very well made, very plush and comfortable. bought them instead of the slr gloves, but I was told rsr's are more comfortable and better bang for the buck, plus I got them at a discount.

#43 ·
A-Stars GP-Tech were my choice but the seams started to come apart after 3 rides. Looking at the Knox ones now.

#44 ·
i think for future reference, people throwin in their opinions should include their previous gloves so there's some semblance of an unbiased (say, if you've only owned one pair) decision.

i'll start, in no particular order. (this is by no means a be-all end-all kind of comparison... that said)

cortech adrenaline gauntlets
alpinestars mx carbon (textile)
alpinestars gpx 3/4 gloves
alpinestars gp pro gauntlets
knox biomech gauntlets

of these, the biomechs are a notch above all others in terms of feel response, comfort, ease of on/off and protection. worth every cent i spent and then some.

#45 ·
A* GP Plus. My only complaint is that within a month of having them (brand new) the plastic on the wrist pull peeled off. Makes it a bit harder to pull it off the velcro.
They're the only gloves I've had for a year and a half now, they're held up pretty nicely.

#48 ·
Seriously Joe, it looks like I am the only one who has good luck with a* gloves!

#50 ·
I have a set from like 2005 that are still my backup/rain gloves. They are too bulky to be my primary pair. They lack feel.

#55 ·
I got the Handroids and the Gp pro.......I find the A* to be more comfortable and with better feel....I thought the handroids were bulky but needed wearing in........I wear them everyday and still feel the same about them :dunno

#57 ·
Knox Handroids from STG.

Very comfortable, great protection...and i won't wear gloves without the sliders in the palm.

#60 ·
I was sooooooo waiting on that shit. :lol I am actually surprised you didnt post the picture of Samuel Jackson from that movie. :lmao You must be on your phone.

#61 ·
Nah, just feeling lazy :D.

YOu are super unlucky. Seems every time you fall down you break something or do damage. :dunno

It is probably the PEDs :monkeyface

:shifty

:phhht

#64 · (Edited)
:flipoff

I haven't done those in like 3-4 years. Which coincidentally, now that you mention it, was the last time i was injured. :scratch

But then again, i have only crashed twice since i was taken out in '09 (the highside at Jennings in '10 and then the lowside on wet track at RA in '11) so im sure that has something to do with my lack of injuries too.

(knocks on everything wooden in sight :lol)

#62 ·
For the record, my comments about the Knox gloves are not biased. Everybody knows i am sponsored by STG and by Knox...but i bought my first pair of gloves (post that ^ crash) based upon what i felt would offer the best protection and prevent a reoccurance of that injury...and i bought the Knox gloves.

I simply wanted the gloves that i thought offered the best protection. Same thing with boots. I was wearing the top-of-the-line A'stars boots in that same crash...which resulted in a Ti plate and 7 screws in my ankle.

After that, i went looking for the best protective boots on Earth...and bought the Daytona Security EVO boots...which i highly recommend...and STG doesn't even sell them.

My friends can tell you that i am passing on this information based upon what i went through...not because i am looking to make a sponsor pitch.

#63 ·
Liar........I joke, I joke!

#65 ·
And at Jennings you broke your hand. You can lie to everyone including yourself, but I know you broke it :p

I was actually refering that lance thread on the beeb is all :lmao.

And Toejam and I are similar, in that Yes, I promote my sponsors and their products. But I dont use products that wont allow me to win and keep me safe. Thus I wont promote products I dont believe in or use.

My integrity is not worth discounts on product.

#67 ·
And at Jennings you broke your hand. You can lie to everyone including yourself, but I know you broke it :p
There are no x-rays to prove it. So i am substituting your reality and substituting my own. :phhht

Moto_Joe said:
I was actually refering that lance thread on the beeb is all :lmao.
Ahhh, i gotcha. There actually is some validity to such accusations...which is why i thought you were really taking a jab at me. :D

Moto_Joe said:
And Toejam and I are similar, in that Yes, I promote my sponsors and their products. But I dont use products that wont allow me to win and keep me safe. Thus I wont promote products I dont believe in or use.

My integrity is not worth discounts on product.
Absolutely.

:fact

TJ is the reason I wear Knox gloves.
:cheers

#69 ·
I have:
- A* smx - horrible gloves. only good thing is that it is has lots of perforation for air.
- Knox Handroid - INCREDIBLE feed back. god i love the kangeroo palm. and as toejam says about knox's sps .. i too will always be looking for gloves with some type of palm sliders.

.. Soon knox orsa leather to replace the worthless $100 A* smx glove. I'll never buy a* gloves again. One year of usage and shit is falling apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.