Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

How to treat Ethanol in gas

10K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Mr645 
#1 ·
Is it ok to use Stabil every 2 or 3 tankfuls to treat ethanol in gas?
I hear ethanol will have a residual effect of clogging the fuel injectors
and was wondering if there is any good product to avoid this problem.
Any comments?

#2 ·
If you want to waste your money on Stabil, feel free. They 10% ethanol in your fuel(which is what I'm guessing you're talking about) isn't going to effect your bike enough to make a significant difference. You'll see more of a difference if you change your octane level from say 89 to 93 than you will using 100% gasoline vs. 90% gasoline and 10% ethanol

#6 ·
I don't think it will be a problem for the OP either. What ethanol can do is absorb moisture which might be bad, but the ethanol itself probably wont hurt shit. I only use pure gas for A/F ratio reasons, since my bike gets beat on the track I like to know the mixture is right.

#7 ·
Just make sure not to use E85 and you'll be fine .

#19 ·
Scary? Naw, about 35-40 MPH. I was pretty much showing off for the camera. This was toward the end of a 400+ mile day through the mountains. My boot was letting know ground clearance was becoming an issue, but nothing on the bike touched, the Pilot Power (regular) were perfectly solid and also was not about the drop a knee wearing jeans. I have done that before and jeans don't last more then a foot at max

#27 ·
Wouldn't have looked as cool for the photo

[/B]

then it wasway past your time to call it a day. getting lazy in the later part of the day can spell disaster for you and others.
'

Honest comment, and I won't disagree

Yep everybody pretty much pointed out why I asked, you were looking for a lowside. I think everyone busted you up pretty good for it too, seriously though not safe.
Been riding for almost 20 years. I was paying attention to what the bike was doing and tires were nice and solid. I was actually not moving very fast and tires were giving me no sliding at all. I just stayed on the seat to maximize lean angle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.