Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

How do I keep my black wheels shiny??

5K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  d207gp 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 09' orange and black 600. I love the black powder coated wheels. My buddy has a brand new M109R He also has the black powder coated wheels. I have noticed that his are always shiny with very little maintenance and mine always look like ass! I have cleaned them before and added some spray wax and they stayed clean for maybe a week. Any advice on what I should use to keep em clean and shiny? Maybe take them off and really polish them?

#7 ·
Are you sure that you are not just comparing Flat finshed wheels (Sportbike) to a Shiny cruiser wheel (They look glossy, Clearcoated over them? they look like normal paint with clearcoat)

??

You'll have to paint and clearcoat your wheels to get that same look (If it's what I'm picturing in my head)

#8 ·
Make sure you aren't gooping on chain lube, that will shit up your wheel real quick. Many people over oil their chains.

#10 ·
Mine are powder coated black and are shiny like that. I clean them with WD-40 to get the chain lube and other bullshit off of them. Then i will either hit them with polish or ammonia-free glass cleaner.

On that note, always clean your wheels before you take them to the tire guy (especially referring to track people). Don't be the assmunch that hands the tire guy a dirtyass wheel. :dissapointed

#15 ·
Hey guys, I have an 09' orange and black 600. I love the black powder coated wheels. My buddy has a brand new M109R He also has the black powder coated wheels. I have noticed that his are always shiny with very little maintenance and mine always look like ass! I have cleaned them before and added some spray wax and they stayed clean for maybe a week. Any advice on what I should use to keep em clean and shiny? Maybe take them off and really polish them?
BTW, your friends M109r rear wheel will stay cleaner longer than yours because his bike is shaft driven....no chain lube to deal with. His front wheel probably stays cleaner since "most" cruiser riders are SkEaReD of the front brake so no brake dust to worry about.:lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.