Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

update

4K views 78 replies 8 participants last post by  cody5127 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, I got a 95 Gsxr 750 about two months ago, has a bad stutter up till 3500 rpm. I have took the carbs out, cleaned all of them completely, replaced all the o rings that needed replacement, new vac caps. Reinstalled, new throttle tube, snapped the old one. New fuel lines, and it still has the same stutter. I'm really getting tired of chasing my tail on this and cannot afford to send to stealership to get fixed. Any ideas? Mods my bike has: dynojet stage 1 jet kit, d&d slip on muffler, and that's about it as far as I know.

Timing? Cdi/ecu? I'm at a loss anymore!

#56 ·
Hi Cody,

I run the DJ112's. My set-up is K&N in stock airbox (screen removed), and a straight-through can over stock headers. I am at sea level...

I was under the impression the DJ116's were for aftermarket headers with a larger interior diameter.

I have tried both, and settled back to the DJ112's.

Like CCM said, your first pic is where to measure. Here's a great video on how to do it (make sure the plunger on the float needle is NOT depressed when you measure):

#60 ·
Ok carbs are all put back together ready to be put on the bike, probably this weekend, but just wanted to triple check everything with you guys. I double checked the diaphragms when I was putting them back together and didn't see any holes our tears, the slides have been drilled out, ran the drill but through to double check that, blew cleaner through the, idle (?) Jet, the one that comes out on the float sides, everything was clear, new needles with the clip set on the 3rd ring, new emulsion tubes with 116 Mains, mix screws 2.5 turns out and floats set to 15mm or as close as I could get. Anything to triple check for you?

#61 ·
blew cleaner through the, idle (?) Jet, the one that comes out on the float sides
A little confused by this statement...your idle (or pilot) jet is the one shown in the picture.

Other than that, sounds like you're good to go :thumbup

Attachments

#64 · (Edited)
Ok, update... Ran great for about half hour then started sputtering and eventually died, but last glance the fuel lines were dry. And yes there was gas about two gallons. Took off petcock looks to be ok. When I had the tank off no fuel came out even on prime

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App

#65 ·
Fuel should flow freely from the PRIME position.

In the ON or RES position, no fuel should flow unless vacuum is applied to the vacuum outlet...

#71 ·
The plastic piece is known to seize up...

The metal prongs from the handle piece then snap off if you try to turn it (happened on mine)...terrible design. If your petcock is in fact shot, get a Pingle as mentioned above. The part # should be in a sticky in this forum...

Why don't you try rigging up an auxillary tank to see how she runs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.