Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Nov 4th BM run 10am

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  GsxJay 
#1 ·
Well, well, well...........this weekend is looking very dry but COLD. We
need to dry out after Sandy. I am sure plenty of folk still don't have
power. AND there are gas shortages in certain areas. The roads up here
are pretty clear. Don't forget its daylight savings this weekend. So
I will be at the circle on sunday at 10am. Post up if you are coming out.
I am not expecting a big crowd since many are still without power and its gonna be COLD. :dunno

#5 ·
Unfortunately its completely opposite in Northern Jersey. People are pulling guns on each other for the gas. Me and Alex just drained gas from his aprilia so i can get to gas station when its opens. Not sure about sunday, unless situation will totally change...

#6 ·
Unfortunately its completely opposite in Northern Jersey. People are pulling guns on each other for the gas.
I was wondering when that was going to happen. You have a whole bunch of people who want the same thing, the level of inconsideration rises out of control.

#8 ·
We are almost out of gas here in monroe. Waited in line for over an hour only to have someone cut the line in front of me. People jumped out of their cars ready to beat the shit outta the person.
This situation is very bad. We are still w/out power,heat,water,etc. John saved my family by lending me his generator&I have already told him many times but Id like to say it here as well: THANK-YOU!!!

#15 ·
Thanks to Rob I finally got the tree's cleaned up that hit my house.
If im not tired and beat on sunday (though im feeling it now sore nd pain) I may show up. If any ill tk the ride least have coffee
You are welcome Rob, I am glad I could help. Like I said the genny needs to be run, it has been sitting idle for a year. I didn't use my tire warmers at
the track this year since my rear warmer is burnt.

Thanks for the wood Rob and Jay!!!! Both you guys have impressive houses, looking forward to some BBQs and breeskis. Rob that lake behind your house
is plain awesome. I wanna grow up to be like you guys.......LOL!!!!:cheers

See you guys at the circle at 10am.....will just hang out for a bit and have coffee.:punk

#13 ·
The demand is still too much for the supply. Until the demand goes back down to normal we're going to have long lines.

lotta people without power need that gas for their generators.

it also doesn't help that gas is being used for the relief efforts and the "ny" marathon which is running 4 huge generators.

#17 ·
What's up Scotty, I hope you made out ok in this mess.

Ernie and I rode down to the circle. I was able to get gas with no problem and no line at my usual gas spot. The roads were very empty with bikes. There was only 3 bikes at the circle. We hung out there for a little more than an hour and went back home. There was a line of cars waiting for gas but the lined died down right before we left. The gas truck was there.
Anyway it was very nice out early. The sun was out and the winds were very
lite. Not as cold as I thought. I was glad I was able to get a little ride in.
I hope all is back to normal next week.

#22 ·
That's great that you set up a Sunday run Johnny. I was wondering how everyone was doing. I got out on my bike Saturday just to get to the other side of town and grab some lunch. I then took a quick high speed blast on the Pulaski Skyway. It felt great.

My area got hit pretty hard. There are lots of big trees and many of them fell on power lines and homes. Fortunately I have no damage but I have no power and my Street is still closed to traffic ( it's a county road go figure). The biggest issue was not having heat. Burning wood in a fireplace doesn't cut it.

Yesterday I rigged up 300 foot temporary power line to a neighbors generator so I could get some heat. I ran it directly to my boiler so now the house is nice and toasty. hallelujah.

At least the cell service came back somewhat.

I'm also out of work for next week or two. My shop put me on furlough / temporary layoff. so if anybody needs an electrician for an emergency feel free to contact me.
stay safe and stay warm

Sent from my XT907

#23 ·
Been riding the bike saving gas, syphening some from the truck to the bike - 35 mpg beats 15.. lol
also went shopping for groceries with the bicycle.. that was fun.. walked up and down 31 flights of stairs and held my balcony doors from bursting inwards during sandy. all over a good week i would say.. :)

#25 ·
It depends if they are gonna throw down salt for tomorrows snow storm,if they do Im definitely not riding

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.