Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Think it's a scam?

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  yurimeta19 
#1 ·
So I'm recently back into the market for another bike. I was hoping to purchase one over the winter and do some mods on it before spring it. Had my eyes set on the orange/black 2007 1k. Locally I haven't been able to find too many bikes that have relatively low mileage, or that weren't lowered or stretched.

Anyway I stumbled across this listing and for some reason my mine immediately jumped to SCAM! What do you guys think?

http://www.sellabike.com/geo/index.php?a=2&b=7159

#4 ·
Well, it was listed July 1st, so if it's not a scam it's already sold.

#6 ·
#9 ·
Well, wouldn't selling you a stolen bike with a fake title be a scam? :dunno Personally, just seeing 'will ship worldwide' is a giant red flag. Would you list a bike on craigslist inrending to ship it to the Ukraine or New Zealand?

#11 ·
Ive noticed that scammers will almost never put a picture of license plates wether it be a bike or car. The shipping thing is also a red flag, but there are also a lot of people who are able to ship vehicles across the country fairly easy. The world wide thing was too much though. Also most scam email accounts are very general. There was a magazine article i read that explained how to help distinguish legit emails accounts from scammer ones.

#12 ·
Well now that the first posting is cleared up, emailed the guy with a fake email that I created and received a very shady reply. Anyway I have since broadened my search and may have found a nice k9 that seems decent.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2009-SUZUKI-Gsx-R1000-106720723

Not a huge fan of the Leo Vince exhaust on it but I have heard good things about them.

#19 ·
#15 ·
your all so skeptical! i'm sure the seller is honest:lmao and has a perfectly good explanation:wacko for all of your accusations! :dissapointed
We found the scammer running the listings above. :fact

#18 ·
Meet up with the guy and beat the living shit out of him...

fucking scammers....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.