Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Is there a what have you done to your bike today thread on here???

54K views 795 replies 73 participants last post by  K1K0 
#1 ·
Had a quick search and did'nt see one....only searched in the SRAD section, as thats all i'm concerned about.
Did'nt want to revive my old build but wanted to share and see what others have done, rather than seeing posts of people asking questions of issues they are having.
If there is then :suicide :dunno:bitchslap:biggrin

Anyway, here's what I done.
Awhile back I got a replacement front fairing, as mine was broken.
Painted it and was quite happy with the results until I laquered it....for some reason, the tank looked textured, rather than smooth as before :banghead
Put it down to a faulty canister.
Today I sanded it down again and repeated process but with a fresh can of laquer.
Put the decal Scooby601 very kindly sent me on the front as well to finish it off(Thanks again mate!), also put the decals on the tank that i'd had missing for ages.
Here's the pics;

I know they don't quite match but doesn't bother me right now.

So what have you guys done?

See less See more
#558 ·
Put the heated grips on ARMI! It's not a wimp thing, it's common sense thing!

#560 ·
Or just take the car and let the wife catch the bus :lol :nono

Heated grips only work well with the muffs in my view....plus I don't want to take the renthals off.

Under amour cold gear....never heard of it.....must be a U.S. thing :dunno

#562 ·
^^^ Wow I'm surprised it cleared the screen brace....My GPR didn't :scratch

#564 ·
I noticed the thread you started.....Must've been hard to walk outta there :twitch

#567 ·
^^^ :eek:hmy

#570 ·
Ah you got that tank........I was considering it for awhile but thought, i'm never gonna have a true xro, so why bother :lol

Glad to see it's with someone who truly appreciates it :punk

#573 ·
Have you got pics of the bike with the full fairing?

#577 ·
I've never seen that before and it is very different...that's why I like it, look forward to your finished project Chris :punk

I finally managed to take that stubborn bolt off, the oil line one that was seeping oil, with a tool I picked up from the NEC motorcycle show.
Did the job very well!

Hopefully that's the end of the leaking oil.

Tomorrow I hope to clean the MJN carbs...it's the pilot circuit i'll be concentrating on, as the issue is at part throttle.
I might also have a go at resolving my leaking FP carbs....will also be ordering some tapered steering head bearings from Daz.

#580 ·
Anyone got a a link for the Polinox PNR 180..from the uk, preferably, thanks!

#582 ·
Changed the steering head bearings today, for the tapered ones.
Got my MOT due at the end of this month and knew I had to get these done...Ordered the tapered steering head bearings from Daz a few days ago, got them yesterday and put them in the freezer, in preparation for today.

This was the conditions I was working in...lol

Fairings off...

Front wheel off...

Forks out...

Top yoke off and cleaned up the inside, so i could see what I was doing...

Bottom yoke looks grimey...

Managed to knock the old races out...

Clened up the headstock and then had difficulty taking the collar off the bottom yoke....eventually came off when I showed it the angle grinder...lol...I was careful :shifty
Put the dust seal and bearings on the bottom yoke...quick clean.

#583 ·

New races in...

Straight forward after that;

Even got it all done before the Misses got back :punk

Big thanks to Scoob btw for the tips and tricks!!!

#585 ·
To bad you aren't here Armi, you could come over to the garage, and it's a warm 71f.
I thought I would put a new gasket on the clutch cover on my motor for williamhbonney as there seems to be seepage. So I pulled the cover, cut the gasket off (I bond it to the cover not the motor), sanded all the paper residue off with the mouse sander, and threw the cover in the ultrasonic cleaner (can't do that with the motor can you).

#591 ·
Nice job!
Yesterday I spent two hours cleaning my clutch cover and didn't even came close to that! BTW, does it need to be cleaned like that?
When you say, you bond it to the cover, it means that you use liquid gasket on the cover instead on the motor casing?

#586 ·
You're slacking Chris....those towels are dirty!

I'm gonna buy a sonic cleaner one day.....Then will have to send plankton to get your secret formula :shifty

Recently bought a base layer and mid layer....hope it works :twitch

It's interesting sliding both wheels on a downhill slope, sideways coming out of my house every morning TT :lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.