Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

267K views 10K replies 57 participants last post by  1/4milecrazy 
#1 ·
This bud's for you, Bart.

#4,600 ·
Well, you can call it dumb, but like it or not like that thread says that's the direction auto manufacturers are headed towards. You said it yourself, a lot has changed since the days of 170db.

Besides, its not necessarily a bad thing to have a vastly simplified wiring schema in the car.

#4,601 ·
I don't know who made those diagrams, but I don't agree with them. My truck has class 2 and it is computer networking. CAN came out after that, some 04 GM models (malibu/G6) were 1/2 and 1/2 CAN and class 2.

Open the door on my truck with the key in the ignition and the chime comes out the speakers. The BCM knows the key is in and the door is open, sends signal to radio to chime.

The purpose of computer networking is to reduce redundancy and the amount of sensors on a car, also reduce cost.

My 81 Malibu and 84 Z28 both had 2 coolant temperature sensors, one for the computer and one for the gauge/idiot light. With computer networking, only one sensor and wiring is needed, the computer and gauges share the info over class 2 or CAN.

#4,605 ·
So NESBA just threw a wrench in my trackday membership plans. I might actually switch over this year from TPM, pending prices, simply based on the 15 VIR days announcement. Also doesnt help that TPM basically cut ALL incentives from their Full Throttle membership

NESBA said:
We’re adjusting our skill level placement procedures to ensure everyone gets the attention and instruction they need to move to the riding group they want. We’ll also have the most diverse track offerings and feature some exciting new additions to the schedule. Here are our confirmed 2013 track day counts per track:

24 - NJMP T-Bolt
8 - NJMP Lighting
22 - Summit
6 - Beaver
16 - NYST
15 - VIR
8 - Barber
7 - Road Atlanta
6 - NOLA
2-4 - Super Surprise events to be announced when secure.
TPM said:
2013 Tentative Track Schedule
At this time we are scheduled to go to the following tracks approximately the following amount of times:
NCBike 10
NJMP T 25
NJMP L 4
NYST 11
Pocono (all new & repaved multi configurations) 10
Summit Point 14
VIR N 5
VIR S 2

#4,610 ·
I have to face a harsh reality that I will be riding next to none next year. At least at the track.

Tom, if you waited a few minutes, we would have told you that's probably for the rest of this year...

I would call and ask for a refund. You were a fool to think you could get next year's membership for $99...

#4,611 ·
I logged in with my user and password and it didn't say which year the membership was for. I thought maybe they really wanted me back. :lol

Can you get a 2013 membership yet? The site didn't say when they are available, it just let me sign up. I didn't think there were any more events this year.

#4,612 ·
2013 MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
FULL THROTTLE

$299

Pay in full or in 2 payments when paid no later then December 31, 2012

$75 track credit good toward 2013 events (offer valid through December 1, 2012)
Limited 500 memberships available for 2013 season
So it sounds like I should hurry up and sign up for 2013 before December 1st...2 weeks from now if I want that credit. When you go to sign up for a membership it doesn't say which year you are signing up for.

#4,614 ·
no kidding. Im waiting to see what NESBA's rates will be before I officially choose. I really hope they release both schedules in their entirety before the Dec 31st TPM track credit deadline

When they Summit, Im pretty sure they dont mean Main, just like they dont say North, South, or Patriot for VIR. Basically just saying they will be at that facility w/o giving away which course :dunno

#4,619 ·
:lmao

#4,631 ·
I'll admit the Gilles on the 1K are mighty blingy and parts are expensive and hard to come by (they are made in Germany). But I did get them before I ever put it on track.

#4,634 ·
I'll admit the Gilles on the 1K are mighty blingy and parts are expensive and hard to come by (they are made in Germany). But I did get them before I ever put it on track.
I don't really like them :dunno

I just got some used Vortex for the r6,paid $250.
So what's the deal Bart? You gonna ride the GSXR with us and the R6 with the r6-forum guys? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.