Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Hayabusa Vs 1000

17K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Cazperz 
#1 ·
I currently have a 94 750 that is about a year away from getting upgraded. I know I want something bigger than a 750 and that I want to stay with Suzuki (really like my local dealer). Although I am still a ways away from making the decision I have started looking now and wanted to get some opinions, pro/cons, etc.

I ride almost every day, half interstate half city (~40 miles a day). Do have a wife that likes to go for a ride occasionally as well. Not sure what else you want to know, feel free to ask though.

So if you had a choice between these two which would you pick and why?

#4 ·
I took my girlfriend on a 400+ mile ride on my 07 1K in 08. She wont ride with me now if Im going to be out riding for a while. Heck she hasnt been on it at all this year or much more then 150 mile total since. Part of it is she just isnt into riding.

Im sure a busa would be much more comfortable but I can handle 500-600 mile days on my 1K.

Im happy with my 1K. I think the only way I would trade for a busa is if I was building an all out drag bike. Then again you can build a bad ass grudge bike with a 1K as well. So looks like its all 1K for me.

Both are bad ass bikes in their own way. So in the end its going to come down to which bike has the most features you want.

#6 ·
Busa's more comfortable, better torque curve for commuting, better riding position for commuting, better passenger comfort and has supersonic top end.

GSX-R 1000 is slightly quicker overall, turns better, it's lighter and is overall one of the most bad*ss bikes you can buy.

#12 ·
GSX-R 1000 is slightly quicker overall, turns better, it's lighter and is overall one of the most bad*ss bikes you can buy.
Eh? The 1000 is quicker than the Busa? :scratch

In tight S-turns it's more agile , yes.... but in no other way. :wacko

Anyways, OP I see you are leaning towards the Busa. Smart decision.

I ride mine daily all year round and it's fantastic. Comfortable, tons of torque in higher gears, and just a great bike. :cheers

#13 ·
Eh? The 1000 is quicker than the Busa? :scratch

In tight S-turns it's more agile , yes.... but in no other way. :wacko

Anyways, OP I see you are leaning towards the Busa. Smart decision.

I ride mine daily all year round and it's fantastic. Comfortable, tons of torque in higher gears, and just a great bike. :cheers
In regards to a Gen1 Busa vs a GSXR-1000,yes the 1k's that put down 155-160rwhp(typically K5&up)were quicker stock for stock then the Busa since they made basically the same rwhp but weighed 100+lbs less.

However if we are comparing a Gen2 Busa then no,the 1k is not quicker since the hp of the Gen2 is significantly more

#7 ·
My wife enjoys riding as a passenger;she wont go on the 1k since the seat is so small&thin. She enjoys the Busa much better. Not to mention the Busa has more torque everywhere in the rpm range and thats a big plus when commuting as you dont need to fumble to find the right gear,just roll the throttle on in any gear and youre on your way

#9 ·
I have a (Gen 1 ) Busa, previously had a K71000 prior to that until 2011 and also have a 1999 GSXR750 alongside the Busa.

The Busa is no doubt more comfy for a passenger but solo, my K71000 was more comfy, the bars are more upright, there is more legroom and its not so much of a stretch over the tank.

Strange but true.

The 1000 may make similar power to my old busa but you'd have to ride one back to back to feel the difference in torque, i thought my K7 was stock in "C" mode when I picked it up after handing my Busa over, 100ft lb of torque at 7,000RPM Vs 78ft lb at 10,000RPM makes the Busa motor what it is.

The new Gen 2 has a stonking motor and will wipe the floor with the GSXR1000 when the dials show some real big numbers.,,,and Yes, ive ridden the 2012 GSXR1000.

When i binned the GSXR, I wasnt moved enough by it to buy another, which is why I bought another Busa..but I did miss the sharper handling of the 1000, hence the 750 I also own, on fast A roads/sweepers, Busa's handle well enough to stay with anything, the tight nadgery stuff is harder no doubt thou.

TBH I dont think you'd be disappointed with ether.

#10 ·
one thing to consider is the height of your partner. if she is between 5'-5'8 or there about then a 1000 is not so bad. But if she is closer to 6' then it is not very comfy. Especially for the arms and legs.
Lighter and shorter pillions do not have a big impact on the bike's handling. Its like having a back pack.

#11 ·
She is on the tall side of 6' so that is helpful information. I know when she saw the rear seat on the 1000 she kind of scoffed and asked where it was since they are so tiny. As for cornering I am a big sissy when it comes to hard and fast cornering :)

Thanks for the input everyone, I was leaning towards the Haya already (really like the look).

#15 ·
I have one of each lol

#16 ·
And yours will both blow mine away I have no doubt. Then again, I don't drag race and only got the Busa due to comfort/torque to commute. :lmao

#17 ·
Nah,I bought them for the same exact reason as you for comfort and a more relaxing riding experience with my wife. Its just not fun to ride 2 up on a 1k;Busa is just that much better all around for me

#26 ·
I wanted a Busa for years but, when it came time to pull the trigger I got the 1k and glad I did much higher RPM,s and more agile. I can ride the Gixxer all day with no problems, I don't really ride around town to much on it mostly back roads and highway, its not to good on those tight low speed turns in the city. The Busa is probably a better cruiser/commuter. If I were to get a bike just for commuting it would probably be something like the Triumph Tiger oops sorry the Suzuki V-Strom.

#28 ·
I can decide this real easy... are you black or a white guy over 45? If so you get a busa...:p if not you get a 1000 buhahahaha (me and my boss go around all the time about this he's standing here laughing his ass off about this he's black and owns 2 busa's and is wearing his busa forums shirt I own a k9 1000) :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.