Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

SoCal rider..just stepped up to a gixxer

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  DOgsxr6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.. new to your site and surprised i didn't come here sooner...

i picked up my 11' 600 a few months ago.. I was riding the 09 ninja 250 for a few months but it doesnt have any power at 80mph.. there are tons of things i hated about that bike but lets move on..

i was looking at the gixxer, 848 evo, R6 & R1.. the gixxer felt right and looks awesome in blue and white.. after looking at for months... i took my wife down to the dealership and had them reinforce the benefit of a new bike with double the payment over small bike which will get me killed.. it worked

a lil about me... I am addicted to coffee.. i have been building and racing cars for the last 18 years but 500 rwhp does nothing in LA traffic.. so, riding fills the excitement when not messing with the mustang..
i also love shooting.. i try to get to the range every day off i can.. i shoot everything but i love the 22lr

im glad to be a part of this board and i hope to learn tons from here
e

#2 ·
i took my wife down to the dealership and had them reinforce the benefit of a new bike with double the payment over small bike which will get me killed.. it worked
Welcome to the forum:cheers

Dont understand what youre sayin about the small bike getting you killed:dunno

#6 ·
Gotcha. I slapped a turbo on my 250 and I never worried about getting run over by another Yaris again;)

#14 ·
Most people here love the little bikes for their fantastic handling and huge importance as a learning platform.

Also, if you care about getting flamed, you're doing it wrong. Don't say one thing because it's what you think is going to be the "right" answer for us, say what you think. You're going to be mocked from time to time regardless; this is the internet. Might as well relax and not worry about crossing stories, right? You're among good folk, here. Relax, and welcome to GDC!

#18 ·
Yeah, after she has got used to it and is comfortable with what you are doing.

#19 ·
Welcome OP! post pics of your bike. I had a 250 the same model as yours and it was awesome. A lot of fun in a different way.

What kinda cars do you build? Im guessing ford pushrods by your username.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.